(to be continued)

Ouacaze

Reaction score
It looks decent. ;)

m8b2MTz.jpg

3HvBsfR.jpg

... oh but it's a simulator ? I thought those were renders actually... :lol:

Nice shots !
Could you please tell what add-ons you're using ? (iss)
And which rendering system ?

BTW, je suis de Toulouse aussi ;)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the pics Penguin, Buran was one of the worst space program management failures ever. Such a nice ship sent to scrapyard :(. Only imagine it would still be there to relief the Space Shuttle...

Nice shots !
Could you please tell what add-ons you're using ? (iss)
And which rendering system ?

BTW, je suis de Toulouse aussi

Hello !,
Salut !,

I use ISSR v3.2 from Thorton and ISS A to Z to get all the modules, plus of course the (in)famous ^^ Vinka's spacecraft3.dll.

"Rendering system" is known as Jarmonik's Direct3D 9.0 External Graphic Client, I strongly recommend it as it boosts both performance and rendering quality (Atmospheric effects, Earthglow etc...).

Happy to see that a small "Orbiter colony" is developping in Toulouse, it makes sense as we have the luck to live in Europe's astronautics capital (Ariane Control Room is just a bit South of the city, in the CNES complex, near the Sciences & Technology University) ! :thumbup:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
XR3 Prototype thrusting to orbit

Exhausts.jpg

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Some ideas with Universal Cargo Deck. GSLV rocket with Dawn probe

24.png

41.png

51.png

61.png

8.png

101.png

16.png

17.png

:eek:fftopic:You get the GSLV add-on to work with the D3D9 client? Mine crashes every time I tried to launch it (does not happen with the PSLV and GSLV Mk. III add-ons).

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is working stable with the latest D3D9 client. GSLV is standard set.

OK sorry it is the autopilot that is causing the add-on to crash at T-0. Well there's something called the UAP anyway..... :lol:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
A Minotaur I rocket launching from pad 0B at Wallops Island (simulating the one coming up in 30 minutes):

13.11.20%2008-35-35%20MinotaurI.jpg

13.11.20%2008-35-36%20MinotaurI.jpg

13.11.20%2008-35-37%20MinotaurI.jpg

Ouacaze

Reaction score
Hello !,
Salut !,

I use ISSR v3.2 from Thorton and ISS A to Z to get all the modules, plus of course the (in)famous ^^ Vinka's spacecraft3.dll.
Thanks, I'll try that one.

"Rendering system" is known as Jarmonik's Direct3D 9.0 External Graphic Client, I strongly recommend it as it boosts both performance and rendering quality (Atmospheric effects, Earthglow etc...).
I already use D3D9, I'll try to mess around with the settings.

Happy to see that a small "Orbiter colony" is developping in Toulouse, it makes sense as we have the luck to live in Europe's astronautics capital (Ariane Control Room is just a bit South of the city, in the CNES complex, near the Sciences & Technology University) ! :thumbup:
That's right. How many Orbinauts do you think are around here ? I'm quite new :)

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That's right. How many Orbinauts do you think are around here ? I'm quite new

Not that many actually. SolarLiner, for sure. Now I wouldn't be surprised if there were "inactive" orbinauts from the area just watching the forums.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not that many actually. SolarLiner, for sure. Now I wouldn't be surprised if there were "inactive" orbinauts from the area just watching the forums.

There usually seems to be a ratio of between 5-3 times as many inactive ones browsing the forums at any given time, although some are likely automated bots as opposed to actual humans.

---------- Post added 11-21-13 at 05:25 ---------- Previous post was 11-20-13 at 23:46 ----------

First test launch of the OCTS booster for the Andromeda Space Program:

nfX0U30.jpg

Gimballing code isnt quite finished yet, and the thrust was a tad high. The payload, um, didnt make it

emT7Eut.jpg

More on this as I can find time to work on it.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Every time I see your avatar it reminds me this video (it's in Russian, but what they're saying there is irrelevant):

I read Cyrillic well enough to know that there are accelerations in on the order of 1 km/s^2 (~= 100 g) involved. Oof.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I read Cyrillic well enough to know that there are accelerations in on the order of 1 km/s^2 (~= 100 g) involved. Oof.

I believe it was speed gauge, and hence it was displaying the velocity of 10 km/s. Of course it was acting like accelerometer, but it's just a kids cartoon after all. My 'yuck!' moment is when they're accelerating towards meteor field in order to evade it :lol:

Kendo

Reaction score
Removed through lack of interest, Ken

Last edited: