Project Orbiter MMU (oMMU) development thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If somebody would like to provide a OMMu compatible generic large space station with multiple docking ports, this could even get more interesting.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If by generic large space station, you mean a 6 km long EAS Explorer-class vessel with a rotating hab section and 24 docking ports, then I'm interested in adding OMMU support. :D It's why I kick-started the conversation in the first place.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If by generic large space station, you mean a 6 km long EAS Explorer-class vessel with a rotating hab section and 24 docking ports, then I'm interested in adding OMMU support. :D It's why I kick-started the conversation in the first place.

Well, its a slightly mobile space station... And a Babylon 5 might be a bit too special. ?

Something generic, that you could place in any orbit in the solar system would be great. Even if its just a placeholder until some other add-on developer puts a more specialized space station there. A place for swapping crew and fuel.

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,
Has this actually become available? I see on the OP it lists all the roadmap items as done, but I cannot seem to find it on orbithanger.
Would love to have this functionality working on the XR vessels!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, it is not done. Most people are making specific EVA vessels. I know the XR is working on that.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
What would it take to run this one accross the finish line? From the title post, just API?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What would it take to run this one accross the finish line? From the title post, just API?

That is what I am wondering, too. Sadly there is no repository yet to take a look.

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I'm pretty late to the draw here, I take it there is no beta availiable yet to test. Has any further development been made? Is it clear what any setbacks are? If I can I am happy to assist... Hewever it looks to be abandoned:cry:

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I hope this also gets made open source and eventually integrated into Open Orbiter. Too bad if it becomes abandonware

Open Orbiter may get quite a well rounded supporting environment, with built in XRSound and d3d9 client, then Skybolt client in the future.

I am hopeful for integration of Vessel Builder and some form of collision detection and OMMu standard and finally, UCSO into Open Orbiter

n72.75

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
He hasn't posted in quite a while but it looks like he logged in today.

@Woo482, we miss you. Sorry for the ping but sometimes I only check things that I have notifications for.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Huh, Mr. Martian just pointed out to me that Woo did open the code. There's just no link to it in this thread... Or not on the first page, anyways, it's possibly burried somewhere. As this will be pretty soon, I imagine.