Updates James Webb Space Telescope updates

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Oh, not an image of the planet but a spectrum of the atmosphere... still impressive! :hailprobe:
Lot's of water... Miller's planet?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
HOLY COW THAT PRETTY!!!! :hailprobe:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I feel sorry for the people who make "astronomical visuals" for movies and TV shows... the bar just went up big time.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm still drooling over this one... ?

In 10 years we'll have a full Webb skybox in Orbiter 2032, you'll need liquid nitrogen cooling to load the 50 Tb texture in one second ?

The Universe in 3D would be even better, but that's planned for Orbiter 2042 ;)

Marg

Reaction score
I am waiting for next images, interesting is there any schedule? I am mostly interested in extrasolar planets, their direct imaging, something like Beta Pictoris system.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
James Webb is irreversibly damaged by a meteorite impact and will continue to encounter a meteorite every month.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
James Webb is irreversibly damaged by a meteorite impact and will continue to encounter a meteorite every month.

Nothing and no one is eternal. Webb has a service life like any satellite or space probe and in a decade or two will likely become another piece of space junk, yes, but until then it works as expected and will collect a huge lot of extremely valuable data.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
Nothing and no one is eternal. Webb has a service life like any satellite or space probe and in a decade or two will likely become another piece of space junk, yes, but until then it works as expected and will collect a huge lot of extremely valuable data.
if the Europeans complete their Extremely Large Telescope on time, then this may happen earlier
while it is a very important telescope