Updates James Webb Space Telescope updates

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So how far can the telescope see? Can it see the surface of the moon, much clearer.
It's not designed for that. Various lunar probes over the years gave us excellent optical and radar already. And we know what to expect on the surface, 6 Apollo missions landed on various sites.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If only they could’ve included a bot arm and a Sharpie to blacken the dings as they happen. :)

richfororbit

Reaction score
It's not designed for that. Various lunar probes over the years gave us excellent optical and radar already. And we know what to expect on the surface, 6 Apollo missions landed on various sites.

I saw the detail of the planet there with the asteroid orbiting, so it popped in my mind.

Do we know any ETA on the next Exo planet analysis? Even then, it is a projection of the past.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
I remember when exoplanets were hypothetical and it was still beyond our capability to detect them. Now we're aware of thousands of them, and are getting direct images of them, even determining the spectral composition of their atmospheres in some cases. Incredible times we live in.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Yes ! Cassini-Huygens, Juno, New Horizons, Curiosity, Opportunity, a black hole, gravitational waves, JWST.... Those last years we have "seen" many beautiful things, this is amazing !

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I can recall Bode's law (Titus-Bode law in Wikipedia) was a theory defining the spacing of the major planets and it was theorized that it would define planetary spacings in other solar systems, if there were any. Boy, did they get a rude awakening!

llarian

Reaction score
Yeah, well, you can make up a lot of incorrect "laws" based on a statistical sample of one.