yasny

Reaction score
I mean passenger cryo- module

problems with translation:lol:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That modularity capability is very interesting, but does anything like it appear in official materials?

yasny

Reaction score
No it doesn't...
But it's more interesting)

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I find it easier to develop a modular design
The problem is whether users can take advantage of it. In order to customize the ISV.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
My favorite thing from Avatar was the Valkyrie Shuttle (that is the name of it, right?). It's an amazing looking bird- think of the possibilities! And the cockpit was really cool! I suppose XR5s will do until then.

:hailprobe:

Well, the Valkyrie can only operate to and from earth in the stock system, as it's lifter engines are air-breathing. The scramjets are also airbreathing, so again, Earth only. The Vanguard is capable of operating on any planet or moon that a UMMU will survive on. therefore, it's a lot more versatile. Besides, it's already available. although, it could use an RDA skin :p

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Well, the Valkyrie can only operate to and from earth in the stock system, as it's lifter engines are air-breathing. The scramjets are also airbreathing, so again, Earth only. The Vanguard is capable of operating on any planet or moon that a UMMU will survive on. therefore, it's a lot more versatile. Besides, it's already available. although, it could use an RDA skin :p

It is? Where do I do find it? I searched Orbit hangar mods and it wasn't there.

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score

I'm sorry- At first I thought you were referring to the Valkyrie as the ship being released- of course I know where to download the XR5! :lol:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
so again, Earth only.

If you're not counting the stock system only, that's Earth and Pandora only. ;)

It's quite an interesting thought... I'm not sure if it has been discussed before, but if the Valkyrie TAV were to land on and take off from Earth as well, it would have to deal with two different atmospheric compositions... differing atmospheric density per altitude, etc...

But this is getting off-topic. Back on topic: this ISV looks awesome...

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
Awesome, can't wait to test this out..

If you're not counting the stock system only, that's Earth and Pandora only. ;)

It's quite an interesting thought... I'm not sure if it has been discussed before, but if the Valkyrie TAV were to land on and take off from Earth as well, it would have to deal with two different atmospheric compositions... differing atmospheric density per altitude, etc...

Some Information of Pandora....

Diameter 11447 km
Mass 0.72 Earths
Gravity 0.8 g
Atmospheric density 1.2 Earths
Surface pressure 0.9 atm
Atmospheric Composition:
Nitrogen, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide (over 18%), Xenon (5.5%), Methane and Hydrogen Sulfide >1%

i found it here http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Pandora

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
No it doesn't...
But it's more interesting)

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I find it easier to develop a modular design
The problem is whether users can take advantage of it. In order to customize the ISV.

Does this mean we might be able to configure it in the scenario editor?

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
mother-of-god-meme.jpg

It's...beautiful.

Gerdih

Reaction score
Last edited:

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Where are shuttles kept during the acceleration phases of the trip? They can't just stay docked, so there must be some kind of harness or housing that holds them in place until Venture Star reaches its destination orbit. Right?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Where are shuttles kept during the acceleration phases of the trip? They can't just stay docked, so there must be some kind of harness or housing that holds them in place until Venture Star reaches its destination orbit. Right?

Maybe it accelerates/decelerates slowly?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Not really. they're probably just locked to the spinal truss by clamps and the docking port during the boost and decel burn, since both are at 1.5G.

yasny

Reaction score
I have a question.

In some pictures we can see this: http://www.benprocter.com/picture/i...ram.jpg?pictureId=8071347&asGalleryImage=true

The cargo is near the habitable modules, as your ship.
But I think that when the cargo have to be moved the cargo part moves in order to make safer the maneuvers: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/images/realdesigns/IsvDiagram12.jpg

Someone can corroborate this? if this is what I say, will your ISV simulate that ?

I can simulate movable cargo and docking module, but it's the secondary task. It depends on the complexity of the all ISVs config.

Next step is VC but it wouldn't be soon.