Project MMSEV Orbiter2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now we something like this.

Thing maybe to do or not?
Around the windows on the outside are lights. On the VC should you see them and the extension of the vessel. I have the main mesh set as external else it conflicts with the VC

Attachments

• mmsevvc1b.jpg
    mmsevvc1b.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
  • mmsevvc1a.jpg
    mmsevvc1a.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 7

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
So, when are you going to post your updates on the B5 vessels thread? In particular, I'd like to see some screenshots of your progress on the lifeboat and the Nova-class dreadnought.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Need a little help on the VC

I have a panel that shows the speed and turn angle. That works. But it only changes if the mfd button are pressed. Really it just needs to change as speed and turn angle change.
bool LTV::clbkVCRedrawEvent(int id, int event, SURFHANDLE surf) { bool return_value = false; if (id == ALL_MFD_BUTTONS) { PaintMFDButtons(surf); RedrawPanel_SPEEDstatus( surf, id); return_value = true; } RedrawPanel_SPEEDstatus(surf, id); return return_value; }

barrygolden

Reaction score
I might would get this to just 3 screens because the two on the outside seem to block the 2 smaller windows. I might put one over head

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every interior has those 4 screens. I think sitting the side windows are good to see from.

I need to figure out how to tell it to redraw when the speed or turn angle changes?

I have looked at the Shuttle A code and still not sure. No need to click on it.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am stumped. the LER and MMSEV both can rotate the wheels 360 degrees.
But I want a key to zero out the angles. The animation proc is TURN_proc So it should be 0 to 1, right
We have this code:
void LTV::ROTATELEFT(void) { double simdt = oapiGetSimStep(); double db = simdt * .05; TURN_proc -= db; if (TURN_proc < 0) TURN_proc += 1; } void LTV::ROTATERIGHT(void) { double simdt = oapiGetSimStep(); double db = simdt * .05; (TURN_proc += db); if (TURN_proc > 1) TURN_proc = (TURN_proc - 1); }
I did a screen shot of debug of TURN_proc.
sprintf(oapiDebugString(), " steer:%04d TURN:%lf", CurrentSterzo, TURN_proc);
and get weird numbers.

Attachments

• turnprocissue.jpg
    turnprocissue.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 5

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can figure why WHEELROTATE_proc is greater than 1. WHEEL ROTATE_PROC SHOULD BE BEWEEN 0 AND 1
void LTV::ROTATELEFT(void) { double simdt = oapiGetSimStep(); double db = simdt * .05; WHEELROTATE_proc -= db; if (WHEELROTATE_proc < 0) WHEELROTATE_proc += 1; } void LTV::ROTATERIGHT(void) { double simdt = oapiGetSimStep(); double db = simdt * .05; (WHEELROTATE_proc += db); if (WHEELROTATE_proc > 1)WHEELROTATE_proc = (WHEELROTATE_proc - 1); }

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fixed. I ran the debug and the wheel Roates was truly 0 to 1. I the sprint screen setting was wrong. Now press a key and wheel go back to straight ahead:)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I having issues with the interior. Basically what I did is took the exterior model and cut everything away from the black window frames. Then connected the frames and extended. But it has shadows,......

I might take a cylinder the same diameter and squeeze it on the y axis. To get the shape and then connect the windows to it.

The side window is an issue. from the interior shots the side window maybe flat while the exterior it slants in.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Stumped.
rover_mesh = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("MMSEVUACS/MMSEVUACS4"); SetMeshVisibilityMode(AddMesh(rover_mesh, &mesh1ofs), MESHVIS_EXTERNAL | MESHVIS_COCKPIT); solar_mesh = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("MMSEVUACS/MMSEVsolarpanel"); SetMeshVisibilityMode(AddMesh(solar_mesh, &mesh1ofs), MESHVIS_EXTERNAL); VCMESH = oapiLoadMeshGlobal("MMSEVUACS/MMSEVUACSvc2"); SetMeshVisibilityMode(AddMesh(VCMESH, &mesh1ofs), MESHVIS_VC );

But the external camera mast view can be from the cockpit view. So the main body has to be set at cockpit otherwise you see the cockpit mesh

BUT in the VC mode it is seen blocking the windows.

As I understand it in the VC mode just the VC mesh is seen unless you make the other meshes

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something to think about. First this project was discontinued. This was the LER eva guy I had. He had the backpack/hatch.
So this would be correct for when the LER/MMSEV was active.

But now if we want to use it now. Should the suit be update to the XEMU colors?

Attachments

• lerevaguy.jpg
    lerevaguy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Also needs a little bend forward at the waist. He looks like he's going to fall backward with the weight of the PLSS.