Project MMSEV Orbiter2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can put together an UACS LER.

It looks like form the images. from the back looking forward. just the window frames nothing beyond it. And 4 MFD. I can do regular ones or we can 2 eal and 2 fake ones.

But it sounds like the eva would occur from the rear area. solar hatch open.

We can just have fake pack hatches and use regular xemu guys.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
I got the impression that after the SEV the LER could be updated (later).

Don't know if I'm following you? There are 2 small windows, cabin port, and starboard. 4 MFD's, all real?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Per artist impression on pic: maxresdefault1 the EVA suits are inside, but like the LER!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If we look from the seats. there is a small side window and the font windows. then 4 MFD. I can make them functional.

I can update my LER with UACS pretty easily. I made a habitat. I made the guy to exit inside the habitat.

On your base you could cheat and have the cockpit/vc at ground level

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Per artist impression on pic: maxresdefault1 the EVA suits are inside, but like the LER!
What we can do is show the suied guy inside that area. then exit and then guy disappears. BUt if we want the XEMU guys then the fake hatches on the back wall can be done

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
You can see the 2 small windows in pic. 78....24_b

Now we have the MMSEV the LER will need shrinking, at least the chassis should match

On your base you could cheat and have the cockpit/vc at ground level
No comprende?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the base. it is on stilts. But if it has an interior. The interior can be at ground level.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
It's not a vessel just a breathing space, so no "VC"? and would be visible from the outside? but nice suggestion.

btw: did you download it? and did it work? I'm expecting elevation problems across users, bases can be a problem.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
0360.jpg0359.jpg
With the suits in the back there's not much room for anything but a small panel on the rear wall? (wierd design? so much wasted space, I'd put the suits right at the back outside like on the LER?- only thing I can think of is on the space version your protecting the EVA suits from micro meteorites/debris?
The door clips the wheel, I'll have to recut it.
note: the wheels are a tiny bit smaller, so height needs to be adjusted.

And on the question of how you enter the HAB? I guess the traditional way (no docking), put on an EVA suit and walk to the door!

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
Here is a photo taken by Jessica Wathkins of Comander Scott Tingle while sampling an ejecta blanket near the south pole during EVA 3 on Artemis 3. Note the EVA checklist as well as the Artemis 3 Mission patch. Much thanks to gattispilot for his work in making this mission come alive. Looking forward to a later mission where the SEV will be used to explore this area even further

Attachments

• Artemis 3 photo.png
    Artemis 3 photo.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the SEV/MMSEV vc and airlock. We can get this for the VC 4 working MFDs. On my SEV I just made a panel and rails.
You can see on the LER the suited guys and in the aft section of the SEV the empty spots where the ported suits were

Attachments

• lerbas2010.jpg
    lerbas2010.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 5
  • aftsection.jpg
    aftsection.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 5
  • mmsevvcview1.jpg
    mmsevvcview1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
  • sevcutaway.jpg
    sevcutaway.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 3
  • ler2016.jpg
    ler2016.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 5

barrygolden

Reaction score
Make note of the Deployed solar pannel as well as the lights around the windows

Attachments

• ABAB.png
    ABAB.png
    428.6 KB · Views: 5
  • AcAc.png
    AcAc.png
    441.7 KB · Views: 5

barrygolden

Reaction score
Younmight think about a small crawl through hatch used for suit maintanence

Attachments

• aftsection.jpg
    aftsection.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 2

barrygolden

Reaction score
Does this SEV fit in place of the Hab in the Alpaca lander
and looks like your Moon Base for Constalation in 2010 does it work in 2016

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does this SEV fit in place of the Hab in the Alpaca lander
and looks like your Moon Base for Constalation in 2010 does it work in 2016
Not sure about the SEV on a lander. Somehow it gets to the surface. Not sure about the base. I am sure it does work in 2016.

Once we get a base model. Those lights and solar panel can be added. It looks like it fits in the area on top.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
ABAB? is there already a lander module? The rest looks pretty simple.

Cockpit looking good.

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
those were just pictures taken from a video but somewhat a good thing to follow
the LER base was done by gattis pilot along with the habs as well for Orbiter 2010 and was fun to build up and fly missions to the South Pole . Orbiter 2016 looks better but way more challeging to land closer to the pole NASA is looking at a site called the conecting ridge between the south pole and Malapert for a landing site and it works pretty well for Artemis missions.

I am using the Alpaca for my current missions. It grew on me as the best way to get on the Moon fast and a cargo version should be done to land the hab and the SEV. Artemis is a flawed program because of the cost. No long term goal and a weak link with the service module for Orion. At the rate we are going the US debt will be 55 trillion in 10 years and our interrest on the debt will take all of the US budget so way higher taxes to about 40% of tax payer income. Medicare and social security will be bankruped not long after that so we want to give 10 billion to Ukrane to secure there border what about our border ?
Sadly I think in about a year Artemis will be canceled and Space X might be able to pull off a landing . I ask Senator Cruz to do the same grafts that Sally Ride did for Constalation and was told we'll have to get back to you . I had hoped I would see man walking back on the Moon but don't think I will live long enough to see it so just have to use Orbiter to keep my dream alive. Thank you guys for all that you do.

Last edited:

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Unfotuneatly I don't think I'll see it either. As you say, that's what Orbiter is for!:)

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it seems that Trekkie ran into a problem with his computer that caused our project to lose several weeks' worth of valuable production time. With that in mind, perhaps now would be a good time for you to post some updates on the B5 vessels thread.