Iron Hill Project Thread

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry for the (noob?) question: What is the B-Crew ? And what I need to be a member of the base ?

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Sorry for the (noob?) question: What is the B-Crew ? And what I need to be a member of the base ?
The B-Crew will be the second team to land on Mercury. The current plan is for them to depart in December 2012 and arrive in April 2013. They will pick up right where the A-Crew (myself, Felipi1205, Lyida, and RickD) left off, carrying out studies of the Sun, Mercury's magnetic field, and the regolith layer.

I'm going to prepare a document detailing what the Iron Hill Project is all about, so that people won't be confused.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

And what I need to be a member of the base ?
All you have to do is post in the B-Crew Sign-Up thread, saying what position you want.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Nope, no OMP required. We just post the scenario for download whenever some one needs to do something.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Basic rundown of the project can now be found in the first post of the B-Crew Sign-Up thread;)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok ! So I will be with you ! SolarLiner, ready to explore (SolarLiner <-> Sun ... this ISN'T a coincidence. :lol: )

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
Can't make it tonight, I have an exam.:( Give me a summary of it.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Will do:thumbup:

I am pleased to announce that Mojoey has returned to the Iron Hill Project (although he won't be able to do any flying for a while). Welcome back, Mo:)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Glad to be back. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'll need the XR-5, Arrow Freighter, UCGO/UMMU, and what else?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Thanks Tmac. Note to the crew, I've lost my David Tennant Bobble Head. Any leads would be appreciated.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Thought I saw it in the galley next to the coffee machine...but the gravity wheel blew a fuse the other day, so I don't know where it floated off to...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Thought I saw it in the galley next to the coffee machine...but the gravity wheel blew a fuse the other day, so I don't know where it floated off to...

Thanks. I think it floated from there into the vents. Gonna break out the RC-XD and go check.

bdore

Reaction score
Hey TMac - Thanks for this thread... I recently dusted off Orbiter, and have enjoyed reading all 42 44 pages.

I have PM'd you the list;)

For those of us following along at home, could you paste your PM to the summary document you just created? I tried one of the recordings, and got frustrated after the fourth or fifth CTD, for not having all the correct downloads.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mission Sucessful! The engines are perfect, they're ready for the MeOI.
We can expect a sucessful landing, as the speed seems to be nominal.

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project.scn
    15 KB · Views: 4

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey TMac - Thanks for this thread... I recently dusted off Orbiter, and have enjoyed reading all 42 44 pages.

For those of us following along at home, could you paste your PM to the summary document you just created? I tried one of the recordings, and got frustrated after the fourth or fifth CTD, for not having all the correct downloads.

Thanks!

Where is it ? Search in 44 pages will takes too much time ...