Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No, creepers do not spawn in daylight or at high light levels. The difference is that they don't burn in sunlight and thus remain after dawn.

Which is why, in addition to the serious serious boomski damage they are capable of, they suck even more. I hate Creepers. :(

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I hate how quiet they are and seem to always sneak up behind you. worst creature EVER

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
The Park Entrance is completely broken too. Apparently at least one piston has been moved, fencegate vanished (park is always open now) and the circuit is non functional.

In other news, a creeper just exploded in the Overseer's area, destroying major parts of it. I don't feel motivated to fix this atm :(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The Park Entrance is completely broken too. Apparently at least one piston has been moved, fencegate vanished (park is always open now) and the circuit is non functional.

In other news, a creeper just exploded in the Overseer's area, destroying major parts of it. I don't feel motivated to fix this atm :(
Do we suspect that the piston was moved maliciously? Should I investigate?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Which is why, in addition to the serious serious boomski damage they are capable of, they suck even more. I hate Creepers. :(

Ok, I call dibs on the name Serious Serious Boomski

:lol:

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Do we suspect that the piston was moved maliciously? Should I investigate?

I really can't imagine that. It actually seems to complicated for griefing. It's very strange though. I can show it to you later, I have not repaired it yet (although i think i know how) as I'm really puzzled how that could have happened.

For the park entrance i could imagine a creeper explosion destroyed some blocks at the entrance area and a piston which was then put back at the wrong position.

At my entrance area though, it is really mysterious because three enclosed pistons seem to have shifted one block.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
2012-01-16_16.32.27.png

Frig. :lol:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Blane's picture was taken from his office in the Theater District. Nice picture of me on my way to the district harbor. :D

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I figured I would post some pictures of the homestead I have established on the island south of the commune. Here is the first view of it you would have, if you were to approach from the north.

JVtvfh.jpg

I just finished that giant attacking the village windmill today! Now I can finally make bread :lol:

Just past the mill is my actual house. This building took me some time to make as well, since I needed to gather all of the necessary wool. This is actually the back of the house.

6Rrvsh.jpg

Walking around front, you can see the front doors of the house, as well as the windmill from the back.

HB2Vuh.jpg

The first floor, which contains all of my chests and the like.

QmHbsh.jpg

The currently empty second floor. What should I put here?

tt4WCh.jpg

The attic, which also serves as my bedroom. It's cozy!

7RvIIh.jpg

Back outside, you can see ye olde garden patch. It's not too much, but it keeps me and the sheep going. Speaking of sheep...

Y3aFXh.jpg

My barn! Unfortunately, it seems as though most of the sheep escaped somehow. Do barns need to be certain dimensions?

The entrance to my mine, which is especially ominous at sunset!

JEEEuh.jpg

And a view in the mines.

elX0eh.png

So far, I've only had a few, er, visitors :shifty:

2qHu4h.jpg

But really, I'd be glad to welcome more! Stop on by if you are passing through!

Album

Last edited:

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
It looks great so far :) I might take a trip down there before I get started on shaft under my house.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Much better ranch than Kamina Island :lol:

I'm still trying to get functionality, the artsy stuff comes later on.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Sheep Farm!

To increase the wool production and easy access to large amounts of wool, tango and I decided yesterday to build a sheep ranch. It's out of the city walls, to the east in the forest.

It is still under construction but basically already functional (also already connected to the rail system :thumbup:)

picture.php

picture.php

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm planning on a large underground build on the island south of the commune in the future. I plan to recreate, to the best that I can, the Swan Station from LOST. After I decided on this build, I checked YT and there are some that have built it, but I saw some things I will do differently.

Guess I shouldn't have dragged my feet getting started. Looks like fireballs has claimed some land near the location I was going to dig out and build the station.

No sweat. It's a huge world. I'll do some exploring and find a good spot.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
(

I'm sorry, I took a trip to the commune and a creeper blew most of it up, I tried to repair it (which can be confirmed with DeadAlfa)

Sorry about that =/

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I took a trip to the commune and a creeper blew most of it up, I tried to repair it (which can be confirmed with DeadAlfa)

Sorry about that =/

Thanks for that, at least I know what happened now. Don't worry, creepers happen to everyone. However, at such critical structures as the park entrance please make extra sure to not be lured up upon by creepers.

Also, it's fine if you can't fully repair such a thing (as it involved hidden redstone) but in that case please leave a sign so we know what happened and make sure the park exit is temporarily sealed up.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for that, at least I know what happened now. Don't worry, creepers happen to everyone. However, at such critical structures as the park entrance please make extra sure to not be lured up upon by creepers.

Also, it's fine if you can't fully repair such a thing (as it involved hidden redstone) but in that case please leave a sign so we know what happened and make sure the park exit is temporarily sealed up.

last time i checked i had sealed up the gap, putting in a new door and fences to replace the ones that were lost. Maybe the time that you saw it was different from mine becasue i had fully sealed it up (from what i remember)

And ill leave as sign if future, sorry about that.