Discussion Returning Yes or No

LTPug

Reaction score
I haven't play orbiter for over 10 years. Does Orbiter community have clans, squadrons, ETC..... I need to learn everything over again, I am now completely and totally disabled, under pain management the whole nine yards. I know Orbiter isn't for the lazy, and feeble minded, its for highly intelligent folks with a love and passion for space and its history. I guess I am looking for a group of folks to be part of a Virtual Space Program if you will. I want to learn, and just have fun.

Thank you in advance for any and all help, resources shared and links to educational info to get me going. Thank you from an old USAF disabled veteran.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for your service. I don't think I fit into any of the groups. But I do it as a challenge and fun

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I haven't play orbiter for over 10 years. Does Orbiter community have clans, squadrons, ETC.....
Not really. There have been a couple of attempts at Virtual Space Agencies (VSAs) through out the years but they all eventually folded. It's because Orbiter isn't really geared at multi-crew member operations. There is a couple of multi-player add-ons however but these are more geared at providing a more generic experience with multiple single player crafts flying around than actual cooperative operations. Another thing that is a severe road block is that just about every craft lacks any sort of deep systems implementation that would be benefit from a cooperative environment.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the one hand there's learning, in which the community is generally always happy to assist. On the other hand there's playing, which is mostly an individual experience with orbiter, for reasons expounded upon by DaveS above. There have been some VSAs, I think there still are, but again these are mostly individual efforts.

There was OFSF (Orbiter Forum Space Station) though, which was a collaborative effort, but even that was serial collaboration, not concurrent: Each participant did their flight, installed their module, then passed the scenario on to the next. It's possible There might be people interested in doing something like that again if somebody organises it.