Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh boy, time to start mining. I need 122+ stacks of stone for the next project. :lol:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh boy, time to start mining. I need 122+ stacks of stone for the next project. :lol:

About 3 hours of mining using an Efficiency 3, Unbreaking 3 pick. You'll go through two such diamond picks. Mine at level 10 an use a fortune pick on diamonds and you'll end up with a stack of diamonds too :p

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That would be nice - too bad I could easily use up 8 diamond picks just trying to get that enchantment twice. :p

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That would be nice - too bad I could easily use up 8 diamond picks just trying to get that enchantment twice. :p

Level 30 enchantment has a decent chance of scoring Unbreaking 3 and Efficiency 3, actually. Any lower and it's hard to get as high, any higher and you start getting fortune...

Level 30 is also quite easy to get in a mob grinder.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Level 30 enchantment has a decent chance of scoring Unbreaking 3 and Efficiency 3, actually. Any lower and it's hard to get as high, any higher and you start getting fortune...
Encanted about 10 picks all 40+, only one ever had fortune, also had one silk touch. I think the enchantment table trolls me. I've gotten stuff like only Effeciency III for 45. :shifty: I get better enchants for my levels when I spend 20-ish.

That said, have like 28 diamond ore blocks waiting for someone to find get a fortune III pick, will share the spoils. :thumbup:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Has someone fixed the blaze grinder? Last time I went there was horrible... one block of glass missing, and now they can escape. I even was unable to hit emergency stop.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Encanted about 10 picks all 40+, only one ever had fortune, also had one silk touch. I think the enchantment table trolls me. I've gotten stuff like only Effeciency III for 45. :shifty: I get better enchants for my levels when I spend 20-ish.

That said, have like 28 diamond ore blocks waiting for someone to find get a fortune III pick, will share the spoils. :thumbup:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enchanting

Check lower down, under Step Two, you'll find a table of enchantments you get for what you pay for it. I know the 1.1 reduced the randomness of enchantment so I don't know if this table has been updated or not, but it should give you an idea of what level enchantments to go for.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I have hidden a chest somewhere in the commune, near the tree farm. It contains 10 redstone and an egg. There is a 'Correct way' to get at it, and the 'just dig' way to get at it. If you find the correct way to get to the chest, post it here and you may take the loot! I'll post a hint here next week if no-one finds it by then. Good Luck! :thumbup:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enchanting

Check lower down, under Step Two, you'll find a table of enchantments you get for what you pay for it. I know the 1.1 reduced the randomness of enchantment so I don't know if this table has been updated or not, but it should give you an idea of what level enchantments to go for.

In 1.0, even with that table there's no way to know what you're going to get, and eff/unbreaking is a lot more common...

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
MHem4.png

This is my last planned road. Inside the city anyway.

I think jangofett287 owns part of the valley there. Can I build through it? It will be at the base of the valley near sea level.

The yellow line is a possible option that will be investigated first. Blane will probably complete that one if done.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Hey-o. Lookin' to get whitelisted, I'm Napalm42 in MC.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
MHem4.png

This is my last planned road. Inside the city anyway.

I think jangofett287 owns part of the valley there. Can I build through it? It will be at the base of the valley near sea level.

The yellow line is a possible option that will be investigated first. Blane will probably complete that one if done.

is that an NPC village at the bottom left-hand corner, or is that something someone built?

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
is that an NPC village at the bottom left-hand corner, or is that something someone built?

NPC village, though it's basically a ghost town now. There are holes in buildings and all the villagers are dead/gone. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
Once I get in, if no one objects, I'll try to restore and fortify it, I love rebuilding ruins.

EDIT: Man, that's big. Still, might as well try to keep thinks looking spiffy.

Last edited:

Napalm42

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Hielor.

On actually seeing the place. I'm just gonna start a ranch.

orbitingpluto

Orbiteer
Reaction score
NPC village, though it's basically a ghost town now. There are holes in buildings and all the villagers are dead/gone. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Does anyone want to explore the ghost village and take screenshots detailing the decay? It seems to me like it would be so cool to go there to poke about and imagine what happened, and how it was before. Since I can't do that, would anyone go for me? I'd like to tempt you guys with something, like the prizes given to the first to drive from New York to Peking or the first to get to magnetic North, but I don't have anything to offer but my thanks.:shrug: