Hello from a new user

stephenwl

Reaction score
Been a lurker for a while. Held off posting until I had actually cut some material. Well, dirty hands and Hello.

I'm coming at this having build a few racing simulators. On the track we call them "rigs." I'll get "simpit" into my vocabulary.

It will be some time before the word pilot applies so starting off with non-flight stuff. It will be an overhead assembly with 3 modular sections.
Power as in system. Second, Windows navigation. There is a PC so there will be a keyboard but experience says the more you can dump the keyboard the more immersive the experience. The last module will house Orbiter non flight controls. Camera, warp, dialogs and such.

A number of Arduinos will provide interface. In VB.Net hacking out some structure and protocols. AutoIt has some appeal but I'm thinking AutoHotKeys is my buddy to get going.

Ok, I'm new so be gentle. Weightlessness, I have a plan. Let me hack a little farther before I go farther.

Guessing I'll be 70% build, 30% fly for many months. What do I know? This is great fun. A gazillion things to learn. A toy that begs for a calculator. How cool.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

:cheers:

wolfee68

Reaction score
Gday

Gday ,I,m a newbie too and still walking on all 4,s

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Can any one tell me please on how I can create, design, build vehicles as I,ve just
started to get a few ideas of my own now that I went for this leap of Faith.To build
a CRAFT could be the bees knees in disign , and to have it on the launch pad, lift off etc, WOW.
I,ve played alot off games with scenario builders even going all the way back to Command & Conquer (editor), upto and including the cryengine (CRYSIS)
With an Orbitor editor ..................................... WOW, what can I say other than
WOW,the universe is now LIMITLESS,(I hope) hence thats why I pose this Question ????????
So if there is anyone out there with any ideas it would be muchly appreciated.
wolfee68

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Greetings, and welcome to the forum!

@stephenwl well, I was going to point you to the simpit sub-forum, but I see you've found it already :thumbup:

@wolfee68, there are quite a few tutorials that may help you get along on your development quest here...http://www.orbiter-forum.com/tutorials.php At the bottom of the page there are some tutotrials that can get you started.

wolfee68

Reaction score
Thank you

Thanks PhantomCruiser,
I,m picking up alot off great knowledge and expirience which is really handy for a newbie like me but with time i,m sure i,ll get there. Already lauched a few shuttles and still trying to land properly, trial and error (more error on my part of course.)(I need a yolk though, tomorrow i,ll buy one).But once that Music kicks in I start to drift elsewhere. I really LOVE that tune for some reason.(such haunting music, I love it ,scary hay)
Yea found a few good tutorials which is now making alot of sense to me and my journey through this wonderland we call ORBITOR, So thanks again.
wolfee68

Last edited:

stephenwl

Reaction score
Thanks to all

I'm feeling very welcome. An early Christmas, cool.

So welcome I'll do a separate first of many questions post.