Request DGIV Velcro addon

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
could someone copy the DG velcro addon with the drop tanks and JATO rockets but make it for the DGIV? or better yet, teach me how to do it so i can change it myself in the future?

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, the Velcro rockets has a "how to" guide in it. I actually plan on learning how to use them, so hit me up in a couple days, and I might be able to help you

sputnik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.worldof2001.com
This should be dirt-simple:

Open the .scn you'd like to add tanks to. (You'll probably make a copy of a DG-IV scenario, renaming it).
Open the .scn with a DG and two drop tanks.
Copy the Tank1 and Tank2 vessel descriptors over to your DG-IV scenario.
If your DG-IV in the scenario is not called GL-01, change the name of the vessel the tank attaches itself to, from GL-01 to the appropriate name.

You're done. Should work, though I don't think I've tried that particular combination, and I can't guarantee that the DG-IV's more sophisticated systems management won't get confused or angry when somebody else goes adding tanks to it. Let me know how it goes!

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
ok i copied and pasted the JATO into my scenario...

first i forgot to rename the parrallel burn value to the ship i wanted it on so it stuck itself to the normal DG that was already there...

changed it to the DGIV name and loaded up the scn. everything loads ok and it goes to the control screen but then after like a second it CTDs.....

any ideas?

EDIT: Changed the PRPlevel to match that of my DGIV and no crash. now i just gotta add the droptanks

Last edited: