Request Star wars Hyper Jump Addon

Trekkie

Starfleet Head of Ship Design
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I was Wondering if such addon could be a possible and if someone would want to make it, sadly i know nothing of coding so i can only ask for help

Thanks for thinking about it

Trekkie

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I was Wondering if such addon could be a possible and if someone would want to make it, sadly i know nothing of coding so i can only ask for help

Thanks for thinking about it

Trekkie

Lets put it like that: If you can describe, how it should behave as precise as possible in Orbiter = programming it in Prosa, it is possible to program in any language.

When you click on the first button, you can select a target....

When you click on the second button, a visual effect is added to the vessel and the vessel is moved at high speed towards the target, stopping at a distance that corresponds to the planetary radius of the target....

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
There was once an MFD called Relativistic Warp MFD.
It was for Orbiter 2010, but seems still to run in Orbiter 2016.

Maybe install it, activate it in the Launchpad (Modules - Miscellanous - RWarpMFD) an try it.
It lets you select a target (for example a planet, or a vessel), orients your ship to point to the target and then accellerates it to 0.99 c.

Only disadvantage is it always dropped me inside the planet.
But there is a stop button which lets you stop reasonably close to the target.

Trekkie

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lets put it like that: If you can describe, how it should behave as precise as possible in Orbiter = programming it in Prosa, it is possible to program in any language.

When you click on the first button, you can select a target....

When you click on the second button, a visual effect is added to the vessel and the vessel is moved at high speed towards the target, stopping at a distance that corresponds to the planetary radius of the target....
Sorry that i did not go into Details yet,

Yeah how you describe it would already be great
Button to Select Target (Planet or Vessel).
Being able to tell what Radius it should stop.
A Visual effect + Sound?
Either to tell how fast it should go or to tell within what timeframe the vessel should arrive at said Target (Seconds/Minutes/Hours)

I think that would be already more then enough :)

Last edited:

Trekkie

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There was once an MFD called Relativistic Warp MFD.
It was for Orbiter 2010, but seems still to run in Orbiter 2016.

Maybe install it, activate it in the Launchpad (Modules - Miscellanous - RWarpMFD) an try it.
It lets you select a target (for example a planet, or a vessel), orients your ship to point to the target and then accellerates it to 0.99 c.

Only disadvantage is it always dropped me inside the planet.
But there is a stop button , where you can stop reasonably close to the target.
Yeah i know this one but this is more like Star Trek style Warp, and that addon seems to put my ship in a weird spin constantly.

im more looking for a Star Wars Hyperspace kind of Warp

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Which movie should be the reference for the visual effect?

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
I kind of wish I had a map of Mos Eisley so that I know where to put the different buildings (once you're ready to release the meshes for them, that is).

On a different note, what's your progress on the Ferengi shuttle? Hopefully you've got the texturing problems resolved.

Trekkie

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I kind of wish I had a map of Mos Eisley so that I know where to put the different buildings (once you're ready to release the meshes for them, that is).

On a different note, what's your progress on the Ferengi shuttle? Hopefully you've got the texturing problems resolved.
There are some maps of Mos Eisley, but not every map is the same sadly..
no real update on the shuttle since i havent really worked so much on anything in the past year

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
There are some maps of Mos Eisley, but not every map is the same sadly..
no real update on the shuttle since i havent really worked so much on anything in the past year
Hopefully you can find some time to work on it in the near future. In the meantime, it seems my latest STPSP update has turned out to be far more substantial than I initially predicted, with some changes to the scenario files and a completely revamped readme file in addition to the changes I already mentioned (and I'm still unsure if the site's update feature is working properly yet.)

Also, I found this 3D model of the Klingon High Council building: https://sharecg.com/v/46719/gallery/11/Poser/high-council-chambers If it's possible, perhaps you could create a version for use in Orbiter. (Unfortunately, I couldn't find any 3D models of the Romulan capital city or any Cardassian cities, or even just a portion thereof.)

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Again, I apologize if I seem a bit impatient, but I really need those vessels for my STPSP projects, and I don't want to have to literally wait for years to see them realized. And, in fact, I recently realized there are at least two more vessels that I could use for said projects in addition to the one I already requested, namely the Tellarite cruiser and T'pau-class Vulcan spacecraft (both 3D models by David Metlesits).

Trekkie

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Again, I apologize if I seem a bit impatient, but I really need those vessels for my STPSP projects, and I don't want to have to literally wait for years to see them realized. And, in fact, I recently realized there are at least two more vessels that I could use for said projects in addition to the one I already requested, namely the Tellarite cruiser and T'pau-class Vulcan spacecraft (both 3D models by David Metlesits).
Hey! Sorry i missed this one, i will do these, any other besides the ferengi shuttle?

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Hey! Sorry i missed this one, i will do these, any other besides the ferengi shuttle?
Actually yes, there is. I found this webpage highlighting some 3D model of a few buildings I would like to see you do, namely a Cardassian structure, the Romulan senate, and the Tower of Commerce. While it unfortunately doesn't include any download links for these structures, the accompanying images should give you a good idea of what I have in mind for them: http://www.lightningcoyote.com/old web portfolio/pages/Icons2.htm

Last edited:

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Actually, I've finally figured out how to release my newest STPSP updates, specifically by uploading the updated .zip files using the "change add-on type" function and then editing the add-on description accordingly. Unfortunately, I apparently can only do this at a rate of one add-on per day, possibly due to bandwidth limitations or something similar.

P.S. Actually, it seems the site won't let me upload anything with a file size of more than 40 MB at the moment. I don't know if it's a bandwidth issue or something else.

P.P.S. Turns out it's an issue of internet connection strength rather than anything wrong with the site itself.

Last edited:

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
Oh, and one other thing - did you get my post on the ChatGPT thread regarding my latest STPSP additions?