New Release D3D9Client Development

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, that works much better.

Color-key blitting however does not, so that piece of API documentation isn't outdated. I do however remember that Jarmonik said it worked. So... how does it work?

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks, that works much better.

Color-key blitting however does not, so that piece of API documentation isn't outdated. I do however remember that Jarmonik said it worked. So... how does it work?

oapiSetSurfaceColourKey should work. However, the ck parameter in oapiBlt does not work.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah... that way! Ok, I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I got it working, thanks.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Thanks. I'll put something in Announcements, but I think probably sometime soon, once I have a clear plan in mind.

It was less soon than I originally had in mind, because of work commitments, but the move will happen over this coming weekend. You might want to hold off committing over Saturday and Sunday. I'll post another message in here when I've moved the repo itself, after which time it should be safe to commit again.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
SVN migration is complete; you should be able to commit freely once more.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Quick Q on PBR textures: How do you enable specular reflections with PBR textures? I have converted some of the SSU textures to the PBR format(s) but specular reflections are very much absent. I checked with the D3D9Client debug dialog and PBR is enabled and all of the textures have been loaded (frensel, normal, roughness). Have I perhaps missed a texture?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
On the debugger window there are options to change materials in real time. For values coming from textures, check material property » tune.

Those options should give an idea of what changes to make to your .dds files (lighter, darker, whatever)

Of course, you need to have reflections active. Check the D3D9 options on Orbiter Launchpad.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
On the debugger window there are options to change materials in real time. For values coming from textures, check material property » tune.

Those options should give an idea of what changes to make to your .dds files (lighter, darker, whatever)

Of course, you need to have reflections active. Check the D3D9 options on Orbiter Launchpad.
I'm actually talking about sunlight reflections, not actual environment reflections (those work great). I have already tried playing around with the Tuning with no success whatsoever. This is what everything looks like right now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/342as8a4oq0wvmq/D3D9Client_no_sunlight_reflections.jpg?dl=0
From that angle and with the sun directly above, there should be sunlight reflections on the payload bay radiator panels.

fort

Reaction score
Hello,

some words for you kuddel to thank you for the D3D9 XPready version you made some months ago, that i tried for the first time last week, giving to me the possibility to see how D3D9 actually works with nightlights.

I'll try to complete my work on that subject including now - and it was necessary - the informations taken from the client to.

Thank you again

:tiphat:.

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello,
I had copied the installation folder to another PC but now the Video tab does not apper in the launchpad when I start orbiter_ng.exe . What I have to do?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Did you remember to activate the D3D9 module in the 'Modules' tab -> Graphics engines -> check D3D9Client checkbox?

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Also make sure that you have the correct DirectX runtimes installed. There is a link on Jarmo's D3D9Client download page.