Reaction score

jarmonik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
users.kymp.net
That explains why the vessel don't collide with the surface on Mercury (even approximately). Let us wait your next update...
Accurate surface collision is only supported in "linear interpolation" not with the "cubic interpolation". We don't know how the Orbiter physics performs the cubic interpolation. Based on my understanding there are different solutions those might give different results. I am not exactly familiar with it, so I don't feel like starting to guess it, too many unknown variables. Martin could easily fix it.

Could you check that the collisions do work with "linear interpolation". If not then could you post a scenario using a stock DG.

yitianetie

Reaction score
Thank you very much and nice work !

A question : which is the closest rendering of the sun glare to the reality : light glow or lensflare ? The lensflare is particularly astonishing on Mercury but maybe it is quite real as Mercury is closer to the sun.

According to you, which is the most appropriate planet glow setting ? It appears, on another thread that a value of 1.5 is quite realistic and much more than the default Orbiter value. Amazing question I know, as no body here has seen the sun from another planet :LOL:

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Addon List Curator
Reaction score
4.17 is sooo a morning release already ;)

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Another potential issue with the metalness shader is that all the vessels seem to have this yellow glow shown in the attached screenshot. The orbiter is using the metalness shader.

Attachments

• D3D9Client_strange_yellow_color2.jpg
    D3D9Client_strange_yellow_color2.jpg
    984.9 KB · Views: 22

jarmonik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
users.kymp.net
Another potential issue with the metalness shader is that all the vessels seem to have this yellow glow shown in the attached screenshot. The orbiter is using the metalness shader.
The color of the sun light is shifted a bit towards yellow to compensate a blueish ambient light caused by blue sky. But, yeah, it's too yellow in the screen shot, I'll have to find a better way to combine ambient and sun lights.

llarian

Reaction score
Following this thread I am a bit confused as to which is the latest update. Thread mentions 4.17 and 4.18 but the project site seems to have only up to 4.11. What is the current release and where is it, please?

llarian

Reaction score
Thanks, Ripley. Got it. I think that the "beta" indication on the selection is what threw me off.

Felix24

Reaction score
The color of the sun light is shifted a bit towards yellow to compensate a blueish ambient light caused by blue sky. But, yeah, it's too yellow in the screen shot, I'll have to find a better way to combine ambient and sun lights.
Maybe you could de-saturate the ambient light a little? It would still be blueish but not as strong. And then the yellow compensation of sunlight could be reduced.

DaveS

Space Shuttle Ultra Project co-developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have this problem with reflections enabled, and that is the orbiter is glowing like it had emissivity enabled. I tried removing the GC\SpaceShuttleUltra.cfg file and that did nothing. Only disabling reflections returned things to normal. I have attached two screenshots showing the issue, with the first one having reflections enabled and the second having them disabled.

Attachments

• D3D9Client_reflections_enabled.jpg
    D3D9Client_reflections_enabled.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • D3D9Client_reflections_disabled.jpg
    D3D9Client_reflections_disabled.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17

jarmonik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
users.kymp.net
I have this problem with reflections enabled, and that is the orbiter is glowing like it had emissivity enabled. I tried removing the GC\SpaceShuttleUltra.cfg file and that did nothing. Only disabling reflections returned things to normal. I have attached two screenshots showing the issue, with the first one having reflections enabled and the second having them disabled.
I think I know what is causing it, will look into it.