News Contact lost with 777-200ER of Malaysia Airlines

Melvin

Reaction score
This is simply not true. There are regular press conferences about the latest state of the whole situation. The reason you are hearing silence is because you want to hear it, don't give a damn and can't be bothered to spend a bit of time per day to get these information.

Oh no, an aviation incident isn't solved after not even a week, must be a cover-up by the evil *insert favorite enemy here*!

You mad bro?

MattBaker

Reaction score
You mad bro?

Yes, if someone thinks ignorant accusations that are more wrong than "India is a part of South America" but feels conscious enough about them to put them out into the world I occasionally get frustrated.

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
A conspiracy of silence from the local authorities since day one. This case just gets stranger by the hour.

No conspiracy. They just don't found even the wreckage of the airplane yet. So they don't can even say something besides they trying to find the airplane and the black boxes.

Kicking rumors into the world would only cause even more problems and confusing. I did even hear rumors like: 'aliens can done it only'.

And the military radar did spot an airplane, but they not know even what for airplane it was. Its likely even just an other airplane who they did spotted on the military radar.

The only thing what can be likely to say is that something did happened quick, and that maybe there was some electronic problems. But again, this is guessing, so don't count this idea yet.

MattBaker

Reaction score
In the latest press conference they confirmed that the primary radar data from the aircraft suggests a turnback right before it was lost.
And the unidentified aircraft they picked up 200 miles NW of Pulau Pinang might be MH370 or it might not, they're still trying to confirm that. But apparently that aircraft was heading north, was not deemed a threat and thus not intercepted.

So if the unidentified aircraft was MH370, which is just possible not sure at this point, it would have crossed Malaysia and was heading into the Gulf of Bengal towards Burma, Thailand, maybe even Bangladesh or India. Why would an aircraft with a technical failure take a longer route towards possible landing sites just to fly over these and end up in the Indian Ocean is beyond me. Then again the guys with the stolen passports are illegal immigrants not terrorists. Autopilot messing up seriously? You should notice when you do a >90° turn. Huh.

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
In the latest press conference they confirmed that the primary radar data from the aircraft suggests a turnback right before it was lost.
And the unidentified aircraft they picked up 200 miles NW of Pulau Pinang might be MH370 or it might not, they're still trying to confirm that. But apparently that aircraft was heading north, was not deemed a threat and thus not intercepted.

So if the unidentified aircraft was MH370, which is just possible not sure at this point, it would have crossed Malaysia and was heading into the Gulf of Bengal towards Burma, Thailand, maybe even Bangladesh or India. Why would an aircraft with a technical failure take a longer route towards possible landing sites just to fly over these and end up in the Indian Ocean is beyond me. Then again the guys with the stolen passports are illegal immigrants not terrorists. Autopilot messing up seriously? You should notice when you do a >90° turn. Huh.
So its very likely an other plane what they did spotted. They is really no any sense reason why they would heading to such a route, especially when they know already there was a technical problem.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
No, but it usually means that the phone at the other end is on air, I think. At least I get a "participant not available" if someone has their phone shut down or is in a place without connection (happens rather frequently in Bosnia).

It must vary by region or carrier. Our phones only "ring" after a connection is made. It's more of a "time connected" tone though obviously since cell phones don't have standard ring patterns. However around here being routed straight to voicemail or hearing a ring tone is a very reliable way to find out if someone's phone on air or not.

Example: I lost my phone but I'm screwed cuz it's going straight to voicemail so the battery must be dead.

Example 2: I tried to call but they must not have service because it went straight to voicemail. (Very common around here, sparse population, few cell towers and mountainous terrain)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It makes no sense at all. I wonder if communication and navigation could have failed at the same time, but it is even more unlikely than a meteor impact. Without communication and severly degraded navigation, it would make sense to return and fly at low altitude at night for finding the airport from which they took off.

But then, how could this happen? Also, why did they do that at all - the 777-200 had enough fuel for flying circles above Malaysia until sunrise.

There are rumors of a plane flying over Malaysia at 2 AM with its tailplane on fire, but I currently sort these reports in the category "Getting media attention with false witness reports".

Even with a massive fire, there is no reason that communication and navigation would fail at the same time.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

MattBaker

Reaction score
Even if the illegal guests flipped a wrong switch, it should be impossible to destroy the aircraft instantly with it.

Not instantly but [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593"]in Soviet Russia...[/ame]

I mean that's a possibility, autopilots failed in all weird kind of ways but doing a 90° turn and then flying over Malaysia without anyone noticing?

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I remember that this was no problem before 9/11. I doubt it is really helping towards finding the aircraft and the cause of the accident.

Even if the illegal guests flipped a wrong switch, it should be impossible to destroy the aircraft instantly with it.

Well...you would think so, unless it was equipped with one of these babies:

what-site-changes-do.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
What is 100% certain now is that the plane and all souls aboard are lost at sea. I find all the media buzz that help families to keep false hopes quite cruel.

MattBaker

Reaction score
What is 100% certain now is that the plane and all souls aboard are lost at sea.

Not really, there is the possibility they came down over land and the search zone even includes a fair bit of Malaysia.
Not very likely but I wouldn't say a 100%. Especially since the unidentified, possibly MH370 plane headed north from the Malacca Strait, which would lead to areas where no one is currently looking for a crashed airliner in sparsley populated areas. With the fuel it could even easily reach Tibet so unless you can give a good reason why this all happened you can say 100%.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
What is 100% certain now is that the plane and all souls aboard are lost at sea. I find all the media buzz that help families to keep false hopes quite cruel.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this. It'll only be 100% certain when the debris is hauled out of the ocean or off the moutain top.

All we know for 100% certain is that the plane is missing. There is a chance that it's been forced down by the millitary, hijacked or stolen (what cargo was it carrying?).

Far-fetched I agree and it's much more likely to have crashed outside the search zone but right now we just don't know.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I agree, 99,99% chances. After all, maybe that somewhere an alien species has a dematerialization technology, maybe they warped right over the plane, took it, and went back in their galaxy. But that would make little difference for us, if you see what I mean.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I agree, 99,99% chances. After all, maybe that somewhere an alien species has a dematerialization technology, maybe they warped right over the plane, took it, and went back in their galaxy. But that would make little difference for us, if you see what I mean.

But it would make a difference, if the aircraft landed on one of the many longer runways in the region, that had been created by the US Airforce for the Vietnam war, and later forgot that it exists.

Is that REALLY less likely than a plane disappearing over the ocean without a trace?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
We'll see, but the ocean is huge. I also remember it took more than 6 days to locate only the tail fin of Rio-Paris AF447 back in June 2009.

MattBaker

Reaction score
Is that REALLY less likely than a plane disappearing over the ocean without a trace?

I think if you want to do one of both you can easily do it. At least as the pilot and maybe First Officer. When you play by the book and let normal odds take over however...then this plane should fly around again.

Although it kinda does, last time I checked on flightradar Malaysia Airlines uses the same flight number on.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
We'll see, but the ocean is huge. I also remember it took more than 6 days to locate only the tail fin of Rio-Paris AF447 back in June 2009.

But AF447 crashed far away from the civilization in a 6000m deep ocean. In this case, one search zone is 45-70 meter deep litoral water, the other, the Strait of Malacca, the busiest waterway in the world.

It is really unbelievable that nothing is found yet, because of the good odds of witnesses and accessible wrecks.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That and by 2nd June a debris field was located right on the path the jet was supposed to take. From that it was just a matter of confirmation which occurred on 6th June.

With this one, there is nothing. The oil slicks and debris fields have been discounted so we are 4 days out with nothing. no ACARS, no transmissions, no debris. It's just vanished.