OHM British Airways Concorde BOAC

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
No good.

I tried the updated file you posted JMW, and the one that Marco posted as well, and both in the first mission (not listed in a directory) and one of the old style VC missions. None of them show the 3D model at all.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bloodspray,

I cannot explain what is happening here. Maybe it is something to do with the Microsoft VS2008 runtime files Starshipexplorer and I (and presumably most people have) installed.

I do remember having a problem when trying to run some addons I'd dowloaded, on that old Windows 98 computer of mine. I think I had to download some Microsoft files then, but can't for the life of me remember what they were, or how I knew what/where they were.

If somebody with a bit of Microsoft knowledge could assist us, I'm sure we could compile a version that works on your system.

Hope we can get a fix for this as it's such a great addon. (Even if I say so myself!)

Marco,
why you have not left this configuration in the VC?
static VCMFDSPEC mfds_user1 = {2, 46};
oapiVCRegisterMFD (MFD_USER1, &mfds_user1);
The code needs a real good tidy up - there's gonna be lots of things in there that only the creator knows what they are ! I just haven't got the time to clear it all out.

Regards,

JMW

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Bloodspray,

I cannot explain what is happening here. Maybe it is something to do with the Microsoft VS2008 runtime files Starshipexplorer and I (and presumably most people have) installed.

I do remember having a problem when trying to run some addons I'd dowloaded, on that old Windows 98 computer of mine. I think I had to download some Microsoft files then, but can't for the life of me remember what they were, or how I knew what/where they were.

If somebody with a bit of Microsoft knowledge could assist us, I'm sure we could compile a version that works on your system.

Hope we can get a fix for this as it's such a great addon. (Even if I say so myself!)

Marco,

The code needs a real good tidy up - there's gonna be lots of things in there that only the creator knows what they are ! I just haven't got the time to clear it all out.

Regards,

JMW
There is a tool called Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ) which will tell you what, if any, DLLs are needed for a given DLL to work that may be missing on your machine. Someone who is having the problem should use that tool.

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
not sure but could it be that the microsoft framework 3.5 is required? i've seen some add-ons that use it...

Edit:

if i remember correctly, i had this issue with the International Space Station v1.1 add-on (no mesh visible) microsoft framework 3.5 was the solution

fort

Reaction score
Works here with marcogavazzeni 's .dll only.

WindowsXP SP1 and :

Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistribuable 8.0.56336
Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistribuable - x86 9.0.21022

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Interestingly the dependency walker (which I never heard of before, thanks Helior) found 3 question marks - one was orbiter.exe, which we know is there. The other 2 were the same file - msvcp80.dll. This was found twice on my system when I did a search for it.

One thing that is interesting is, I had to download and install the VC distributable to get the SSU 1.25 working, so it would seem that that should be done already?

I'll try downloading and installing them again and see what happens. ::: shrug :::

DanHawkridge

Reaction score
Mine had the no-mesh problem, but with the new .dll from Marco it worked on the new VC. Brilliant mod, did a Heathrow to KSC run in it and it really cruised nicely, one question though, why does the engine cut out at mach 2.14? Is it just to limit the speed? Really good work though thank you very much :)

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Nope. Still no good.

Re-downloaded and re-installed the VC 2008 distributables for x86 and checked both the scenario at the top of the launch pad (the one not in a sub-dir), and also one of the old style VC ones. I saw the textures scroll as being loaded, but once the game was up, nothing was there.

Is there some place I should try manually coping those msvcp80 files to maybe?

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Bloodspray,

Your question on where to put mcvcp80/mcvcr80 files:

Have you downloaded the tool, Dependancy Walker http://www.dependencywalker.com/, that Hielor suggested?

If you have and you run it for the Concorde .dll, what screen do you get?
The one I get is attached. Maybe if yours is different it may give you a clue as to where to put the files.

JMW

Last edited:

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Bloodspray,

Your question on where to put mcvcp80/mcvcr80 files:

Have you downloaded the tool, Dependancy Walker http://www.dependencywalker.com/, that Hielor suggested?

If you have and you run it for the Concorde .dll, what screen do you get?
The one I get is attached. Maybe if yours is different it may give you a clue as to where to put the files.

JMW

Yep. As I said -

Interestingly the dependency walker (which I never heard of before, thanks Helior) found 3 question marks - one was orbiter.exe, which we know is there. The other 2 were the same file - msvcp80.dll. This was found twice on my system when I did a search for it.

And after that, I even tried re-installing the MS VC distributable package as well, and that didn't help either.

I'm really at a loss. And it's a shame, I love trying out complete addons (ie, those with a functioning virtual cockpit), and really like fast, high flying planes, so I would like to play with this...

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I'm really sorry too.
Would like this to be available to everyone. Would like too if someone who knows these setups could give some suggestions so that my future addons will be trouble free for all.

Regards,

JMW

fort

Reaction score
The question of the place to put additionnal dll requested to run this or that in Orbiter have never really worried me. Most of those I had to install individually (i mean : when a complete package was not necessary) are in the same folder where Orbiter.exe is. So, at the root folder.

Currently, however, these two. dll ( and by the fact: four, those Fab Four dll :) ) in my installation are in two subfolders:

Windows/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd
Windows/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700

The first contains two. dll dated 22/09/2005 (536 ko each):
- Msvcp80.dll version 8.0.50727.42 (visual studio 2005)
- Msvcr80.dll version 8.0.50727.42 (visual studio 2005)

The second contains two dll dated 1/12/2006 (612 ko each):
- Msvcp80.dll version 8.0.50727.762 (visual studio 2005)
- Msvcr80.dll version 8.0.50727.762 (visual studio 2005)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Dlls should be in the Windows\System32 directory, or in the same directory as Orbiter.exe

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Well, on my XP system, I had those files in the Windows\WinSxS\ directories, and I even tried coping it to both the Orbiter install dir, and also to Windows\system 32. Still no good. This is both puzzling and troubling. :(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, on my XP system, I had those files in the Windows\WinSxS\ directories, and I even tried coping it to both the Orbiter install dir, and also to Windows\system 32. Still no good. This is both puzzling and troubling. :(
Get them "fresh"--just google for the files and grab them off one of the dll sites.

alagreca

Reaction score
Website
home.myspace.com
Invisable Craft

I am also having the problem despite trying all fixes mentioned so far. For what it is worth , I have also had this problem with some of EADS/Alex's add ons such as the Titan 23G. The first time I noticed this problem was with the star wars universe, NABOO Royal Ship. Would be very interested in finally getting to the bottom of this. My machine is a self built D975XBX2 based PC with an EVGA 8800 750Mb DDR3 Video RAM, and 4GB of 800 Mhz DDR2 system RAM, processor is a [email protected] GHz.
The OS is XP_SP2 With Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 REDIST installed.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Ok... I got the msvcp80.dll file from the internet, dropped it in the Orbiter install directory, and also in Windows\System32 as well.

I ran dependency walker, and it said that orbiter.exe was missing.

This time it did not mention the dll file at all, so I think it's safe to say that that is not a problem.

Is there some hard-coded place that this file is looking for orbiter.exe or something? I have mine currently in d:\Orbiter2. This was originally a clean install for SSU, but the textures I installed on my previous ("main") orbiter install ended up taking unacceptably long to load, so I started using the SSU install for everything.

Every other addon works.

JMW, can you check your module regarding the orbiter.exe file? Anyone else have any other ideas?

Schimz

Reaction score
It cannot find Orbiter.exe because it's not registered by windows.