OHM British Airways Concorde BOAC

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
On the 21st January 1976 British Airways Concorde G-BOAA took off on the first commercial supersonic flight to Bahrain. This is its successor. Download my addon "Heathrow Airport" for the full Concorde experience! Controls: Engines start/stop E Throttle increase/decrease Ctrl and NumPad +/- Engine Afterburners on/off J Gear up/down G Visor - nose down/up C/N Landing lights deploy/stow F Taxi lights K Air brake B Wheel brakes < > Reverse Thrust increase/decrease Ctrl and NumPad -/+ Grateful thanks to the guys at FlightGear for the beautiful mesh and texturing. This mesh is GL licenced - please comply! Much thanks too to Kev33 for lots of bits used in this addon. Please read the Concorde ReadMe file in Doc folder. Enjoy the experience ! JMW

More...

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the 21st January 1976 British Airways Concorde G-BOAA took off on the first commercial supersonic flight to Bahrain. This is its successor. Download my addon "Heathrow Airport" for the full Concorde experience! Controls: Engines start/stop E Throttle increase/decrease Ctrl and NumPad +/- Engine Afterburners on/off J Gear up/down G Visor - nose down/up C/N Landing lights deploy/stow F Taxi lights K Air brake B Wheel brakes < > Reverse Thrust increase/decrease Ctrl and NumPad -/+ Grateful thanks to the guys at FlightGear for the beautiful mesh and texturing. This mesh is GL licenced - please comply! Much thanks too to Kev33 for lots of bits used in this addon. Please read the Concorde ReadMe file in Doc folder. Enjoy the experience ! JMW

More...

Please note that the scenario below may give problems. A fix is attached - just overwrite that file in Scenario folder

Last edited:

Schimz

Reaction score
It seems there is no dll loaded at start. I have nothing but a dockport (defined in cfg). Tested with a fresh install.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry you're having trouble Schimz.

Not quite sure what the problem is - Concorde.dll is included in zip and had no other complaints yet.

What is happening when you try to run one of the Concorde scenarios?

Give me some symptoms and I may be able to help.

Regards,

JMW

Schimz

Reaction score

As I said, nothing but the dockport defined in CFG. I posted this on FR forum, maybe it will help.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like you could be missing the .dll file.

Check in Modules/JMW for "Concorde.dll".

What scenario are you loading? If its one from Concorde folder, try loading one from Concorde/Old Style VC, it loads a different .dll and meshes.
Else, try re-extracting whole zip file again to your Orbiter root directory (Where you installed OrbiterSound).

JMW

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Looks like you could be missing the .dll file.

Check in Modules/JMW for "Concorde.dll".

What scenario are you loading? If its one from Concorde folder, try loading one from Concorde/Old Style VC, it loads a different .dll and meshes.
Else, try re-extracting whole zip file again to your Orbiter root directory (Where you installed OrbiterSound).

JMW

I'm seeing the same problem. Just a generic Orbiter "non-cockpit" and no 3D model of any kind.

The dll files ARE where you mention. But nothing is loading. (I checked the old style VC scenario as well)

One thing is.... Windows directory convention is a \ not a / maybe a path statment is out of whack somewhere? (then again, I've see / used in SSU loads and that seems to work ok, so maybe I'm wrong there)

Sky Captain

Reaction score
I have the same problem when I load any scenario there is no Concorde present just the default cockpit.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Same problem here,I think problem may be in Microsoft Visual C,maybe I don't have some files in my system that concorde.dll need.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
liber, is there some way you can find which files they are?

There must be some difference in our systems as I've just done another clean install and all's fine here.

Can a Visual C expert help here?
The .cpp files are included in the .zip, and I can make any of the compiler files available on request.
I'm using :
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727 SP2
Installed Edition: VC Express
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 76542-000-0000011-00125

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
liber, is there some way you can find which files they are?

No,probably programers,I don't know.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I check Orbiter beta log and get only this error,maybe may help.

Module Moon.dll .............. [Build 090312, API 090311]
ELP82: Precision 1e-005, Terms 116/829
Finished initialising world
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module:
>>> [.\Vessel.cpp / 5258]
>>> ERROR: JMW\Concorde
>>> [.\Vessel.cpp / 5259]
Module RADAR.dll ............. [Build ******, API 060425]
Finished initialising status
Finished initialising camera
Finished initialising panels
Finished setting up render state
===============================================================
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiGetStationCount
At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
future versions of Orbiter.
===============================================================
ERROR: DDraw object is still referenced: 5349
**** Orbiter.log

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
================================================== =============
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiGetStationCount
At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
future versions of Orbiter.

Don't know - this API function isn't in any of my code.

I guess you do have these library files:
Code:
#include <orbitersdk.h>
#include <cstdio>
#include <cmath>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include "OrbiterSoundSDK35.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
using namespace std;
?

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
No don't have all.Only have Orbitersdk.h from that list in Orbiter SDK include folder.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
This may be a dumb question, but aren't those things normally included in the compiling of the addon so that people can just take a fresh orbiter install on a fresh XP install and go? I suspect most people won't have those files.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're right Bloodspray - it was only a shot in the dark.
I'm hoping someone with a lot more knowledge than us can help here.

Incidently, I've just run this on an old Windows 98 computer of mine and it all works fine (albeit extremely slowly!), so doesn't seem like it's a missing files problem, more like some sort of incompatibilty.

If there is a problem with the addon then there must be about 140 very puzzled people out there right now.
Is this a general problem guys?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that you built it in "Debug" mode in Visual Studio. If so, build it in "Release" mode.

marcogavazzeni

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiteritalia.forumotion.com
hello to all, Also I have had the same problem, have ricompilate the DLL of the CONCORDE and now he works, I think is a problem of filr compression before loading it on ORBIT HANGAR, the rows replaced is 80Kb and that one ricompilate of 148Kb,excuse me for my bad english

Starshipexplorer

Reaction score
Hi jmw. Nice bird!! Now not intending to add to any confusion.... tested both VC versions...worked fine "out-of-the-box". Now, to clarify abit. I do have both VS2005 and VS2008 runtimes installed...not sure if makes a difference. I do have one question... there is a HRowtower.msh in the meshes folder....does that go into your Heathrow.cfg from the Heathrow Airport add-on?

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hielor,
I compiled it in "Release" configuration.

I do notice that if i re-compile someone else's .dll from their .cpp, the resultant file size is considerably reduced. I thought this was because of using a later version of Visual C. Could it be something to do with the Platform SDK I'm using? My other published addons, Apache AH-64 Update and Aircraft Refuel Project have worked (As far as I know).

I've recompiled it (attached) just in case, if anyone would like to try if it cures problem.

marcogavazzenni's post is interesting - could you attach your .dll please to see if that works for these guys?

Otherwise, I need help here.

starshipexplorer:
HRowtower.msh was included in Concorde so that scenarios with Radar dish would have something for it to "sit"on if user didn't have Heathrow addon installed.

Interesting it works for you!
I have VS2008 installed too, but I haven't been using it - maybe that's the clue !! (I still don't know the answer though)

Last edited: