Request Artemis landers

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. so where that curtain on the right is I will make a door for the waste management system. I can mount 2 backpacks to the wall. All this is guess work as no firm plan is out.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Like this:
cFN0dP4.jpg
the Waste Management iis blocked by the grey door to the front. A white door would be there.
Aft wall
lI8rPpR.jpg

barrygolden

Reaction score
I think I would move the WM area to the back wall and the lap top and MFD to the front wall I would use the center space to stack at least 2 of the suits during and EVA and the right wall for the backpack recharge area. Keep in with a crew of 4, 2 guys would be suited and standing in the aft cabin with no EVA you would have little space because those suits don't fold so it would seem like 8 men in pretty small space. during flight ops you could have the 2 guys standing in the aft cabin and soft storage in that space. during EVA's I would place 2 empty suits there

Attachments

• A aft wall 2.png
    A aft wall 2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

barrygolden

Reaction score
Yes thats looking really good. Those suits look like they could work with the LER with the ice dam seal as well. I think add the feed prep area and I think this might be ready. doing a view where the two guys are standing facing the front wall for landing and ascent and the suit storage area could have soft cargo should do it.

Might think about and unpressurized rover for Artemis 3 that could be carried outside. Even though no plans to have that on this mission as it stands I'm thinking further down the road with a 4 man crew landing at other sites. I know the south pole is the target but There are other cool place to explore. I think a 14 day mission could have an LER or SEV pre positioned at the LZ.

Attachments

• A rover.jpg
    A rover.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 4
  • A rover 2.jpg
    A rover 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 3

barrygolden

Reaction score
I was at JSC yesterday and in BLG 5 the USA team has a mockup of their lander there. I see more of the mission concept by having a space tug to do the LOI burns. I would think 1 SLS launch could send a fully fueled tug and descent stage to dock with a reusable ascent stage where not much is know with the ALPACA mission profile. gattis you do have a pretty good start on that with the LM lander you were working on.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Now we will get this?
HYaUnhT.jpg

what should the food prep area look like?
Where should the soft storage go?

I need to make different shades of white so that things show up and don't blend into the wall.

barrygolden

Reaction score
where those 2 suits are doing flight ops I would fill the space where those suits are with soft bags while the 2 guys are suited up standing behind the front wall. the food prep station would be about the same size as the control panel on the left with a micro wave and a water gun

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
if you turned one suit around would that give room for a 3rd suit
I don't think so.

where those 2 suits are doing flight ops I would fill the space where those suits are with soft bags while the 2 guys are suited up standing behind the front wall. the food prep station would be about the same size as the control panel on the left with a micro wave and a water gun
So a soft have soft bags on the back of the front wall? I can add a food prep area.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes thats looking really good. Those suits look like they could work with the LER with the ice dam seal as well. I think add the feed prep area and I think this might be ready. doing a view where the two guys are standing facing the front wall for landing and ascent and the suit storage area could have soft cargo should do it.

Might think about and unpressurized rover for Artemis 3 that could be carried outside. Even though no plans to have that on this mission as it stands I'm thinking further down the road with a 4 man crew landing at other sites. I know the south pole is the target but There are other cool place to explore. I think a 14 day mission could have an LER or SEV pre positioned at the LZ.
I guess a cargo version could be made and then a pallet with things loaded on it.

barrygolden

Reaction score
Look at these changes. move com box add lap top and some small storage boxes for seats if the will fit. the food prep area would look a lot like the control box

Attachments

• A front wall.png
    A front wall.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I will see what I can do. I thought about animating the door. Should it be solid or have a window. Not sure dk grey or not.