Request Artemis landers

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think basically there are no suits. The LER with pockets and round backpack. And it seems the XEMU Artemis. With a squared backpack and no pockets.
dfskzWt.jpg

I think I can do both.

I can bend the waist easily. And I can rotate the arms so they are out more and add attachment points to grab. But no movement of the arms

But to get the guys to exit and enter the lander. It will need to made into a dll

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Whether there will be pockets or not, we will see once we have "valid" information. And they can be easily added to the texture, if needed. So I would not worry much about those (unless of course we have definitive images - from the moon ;) )

barrygolden

Reaction score
you guys have done a super job following this guy. I think I would stick with him. The Apollo guys had pockets so I would think these guys might as well. Still need the darker sun visor for eva. might make the stripes a little bigger as well.
might start thinking about the aft cabin VC and the outside cargo area as well for ALPACA

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Possible view of the aft cabin:
Screenshot_20201106-234005.png
Left side:
Screenshot_20201106-234232.png
Right side:
Screenshot_20201106-234350.png
Screenshot_20201106-234402.png
The directions are based on where the current VC is oriented

The details of the aft cabin are quite sketchy at best

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can build an interior like that. I wonder if there would be a door in front of the dock. to separate the front from the rest of the vessel?
Look like the front. As no hatch and windows in the aft, yet?
zT5CNau.jpg

Here is a view:
CJzsEom.jpg

ZDIYlPP.jpg

The wall look like a curtain not rigid at all

Like the video said that might change things around.

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
Well not much is known the back wall will need a waste management area on the back right wall, a backpack storage an recharge area on the back left wall and a standup suit storage area for all 4 suits between those. A control panel for the aft cabin and a comm panel with video to follow the EVA on one wall with the Food prep panel on the other wall. soft bag storage every where else. Hammocks will be used to sleep in but will need some form of folding chairs to sit. For our use might have 2 hard boxes on the wall to be used as chairs. We should see to Aft compartment set ups. One during flight ops where the other 2 suited guys are standing up with soft storage filling the suit storage area and then a view landed where suits are in the stand up storage area . Also need to think about outside storage for an ALSEP type package and maybe a folded rover even though most likely not carried on Artemis 3

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe like this:
phmS9Ro.jpg

Any changes to the mesh will result in a new cfg for vb,.....

On the eva guy. I can have the arm extended like the guy on the right. add an attachment point so pick is available.

I think I could animate the arms so you could move them. Have a left and right attachment point,.......

Be able to rotate the upper body left and right and bend forward.
JDRTh3q.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If we go with something like that. add a door open open to the back.

Texture the boxes,. Texture the long control box on the left,.....
With the space below the floor. I think I could fold the ladder up there?

barrygolden

Reaction score
In Apollo they had the MESA tp deploy and then tools and stuff was stored there. Something like that needs to be on this as well. if so it will need a light back there as well

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something like this:
MvBQFmu.jpg
It has lights back there.

side view:
4oEhnZ4.jpg

should we go with the red straight back or green angled back. I will add a laop top of two straight back on the wall. Maybe a fake MFD also.

How about camera location?

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
I would go with the green line. Not sure about your plans for the lap tops instead of the waste management and suit storage area. Your idea could work because we wouldn't be spending much time back there.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the waste management I think it is behind the curtain on the right by the door.

What would suit storage look like.

On the drawing it looked like they had a workstation. So maybe a laptop or 2 on the aft wall?

barrygolden

Reaction score
The waste management area would look like the shuttle's with a small door there. the door would not go all the way to the floor. the suit storage area would just be a side view of all 4 suits standing against the back wall. and you might mount 2 back packs on the wall next to that, During flight ops no suits would be there only soft bag storage. I might would move that black box to the back wall and move the control panel forward. Place a similar panel on the right forward wall. left would be control and right the coms panel. we would still need another small panel on a wall for food prep

Attachments

• a aft cabin.png
    a aft cabin.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score