Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
you could have the old and the new one in the same scenario?

Well no, is there any reason ?
The Arrow 1 was only a demonstrator, the model is simple, external textures look crappy.
Edit: With Skin you could have for example one ESA and NASA Arrow in the same scenario.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
How does it simulate "hitting the wall", like visoad did vessel collisions?

I think that if the room shape is simple, like a cube,a box, or a sphere, you can mathematically define its geometry ; track the object position relatively to the center of its diagonals for example and deduce that way when it hits a wall ; provided you have defined x, y & z axis with +/- signs, you can know which wall has been hit. You can even ask for the object vector at the moment of the collision, and deduce a "billard-like" bounce by applying a modified vector.

Not easy, but doable. ;)

uMMu does define such "boxes" for ingress/egress areas.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Igel's Vostok addon has a few objects that float around in the VC and bounce off of walls and you can even click them to change their movement.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacethingy
q-white2.png
I dislike the rug. Too art-deco for me, sorry. :lol:

My wife dislike it too ;) (I took the first that came on google, if you can find better... )

But, The Rug ties the room together.:thumbup:

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well no, is there any reason ?
The Arrow 1 was only a demonstrator, the model is simple, external textures look crappy.
Edit: With Skin you could have for example one ESA and NASA Arrow in the same scenario.
I was wondering what's going to happen to my old scenarios with the previous Arrow... would the vessel be simply replaced without any trouble, keeping all the cargo in place and other vessels docked?

PDF

Addon Developer = Media Render
Reaction score
Website
www.planetarydefensefoundation.com
Coming soon the new arrow freighter

-Will work with graphic client (pic are from the DX9 client)

-2 new MFD on the right screen for a total of 4. (Displayed with display button "MFD")

2012Arrow1.jpg

-3 new "ambiance" roof screen that will cycle randomly or manually beetween 34 "technical" image. (code in work, screens show test image yet)

2012Arrow1a.jpg

-2048 pixel texture, new gear with door, retro exhaust etc. etc.

2012Arrow1b.jpg

-Multi-skin support. Hull and VC skinnable. SDK available in PSD format.

2012Arrow2.jpg

-A lot of details added, with the power of 2048 pixel texture.

2012Arrow3.jpg

Phosphorescent marking (1920 pics)

2012Arrow4.jpg

The new Arrow, the vessel for deep exploration of small satellites. (1920 pic)

2012Arrow5.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Ill be featuring this in my next Orbiter 2010 - Planetary Defense Foundation - Films once released :) This development gives me time to work on my next video read the following

I'm searching for Orbiter 2010 OMP Cast Members to play inside my next film to Planetary Defense Foundation - Orbiter 2010 - OMP - Films
this film will be 20 mins long and designed in segments if you are interested leave me a private message

Official Movie Script - Under Development - http://www.facebook.com/notes/victo...tion-an-orbiter-2010-0mp-film/440196812687815

Learn more about Planetary Defense Foundation by visiting it's official Website & Social Networks

Official Website - https://sites.google.com/site/planetarydefensefoundation/

Official Social Network - Www.Facebook.Com/PlanetaryDefenseFoundation

Official Like Page - Facebook - Www.Facebook.Com/PlanetaryDefenseFoundationPage

Victor L Ortiz

Here is a preview of my films with Orbiter 2010 HD format

Marvin42

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Internal windows

I don't know exactly where the cabin's chamber is exactly inside the new Arrow, but could it have windows also looking inside the cargo space? I would dream to look through those windows to the cargo doors opening, the DG undocking and leaving the Arrow :jiggy:. Oh, and if you still want to make the bar, can it be placed also with a view to the cargo hall (watching ships docking a few metters away from you while having a drink is a dream that can come true :lol:)?

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
DEV NEWS

And the high (medium) quality here, 3 hours of rendering:

2012Arrow137.jpg%20

About model: 7000 poly in only 3 groups and 3 textures 1024x1024. I have a FPS of 388 landed and 588 in space (cap caraneval is taking a lot :lol: )

I speak about "medium" quality because I can push the rendering to 6 hours AND the DTX1 format suck. In R8G8B8 the quality is perfect but that format is only supported by DX9 & 11. (Maybe I'll release a "high res" pack as addon for the arrow)

Sorry, it's native Orbiter. You have to change your graphic card's hotkey.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Behind the side windows in the front Hull...

Well, one image...

2012Arrow138.jpg

Wow. It's perfect! The rug is okay-maybe something simpler would do.

I like the skins- and I agree with the idea of a high-res pack. Also, some generic, no-name textures would be nice for those who prefer independent, privately funded travel. :)

It's good to see a ship with a complex interior. There will be more rooms, right? Perhaps a hallway or two?

It will be interesting to see how the interior progresses- especially a few versions from now.

You can use the first person addon to walk through hallways too...

Great job Dan, as always.

Fisherman

Reaction score
Wow. It's perfect! The rug is okay-maybe something simpler would do.

I like the skins- and I agree with the idea of a high-res pack. Also, some generic, no-name textures would be nice for those who prefer independent, privately funded travel. :)

It's good to see a ship with a complex interior. There will be more rooms, right? Perhaps a hallway or two?

It will be interesting to see how the interior progresses- especially a few versions from now.

You can use the first person addon to walk through hallways too...

Great job Dan, as always.

I like the idea of an interior too. Keys could be kind of like the Firefly vessel.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
I like the skins- and I agree with the idea of a high-res pack.

I would love to test just for the fun a ultra-res pack to push the limit, 3x2048x2048 in R8G8B8 :RnR1:

But a public R8G8B8 "1024" only would be nice. On the main cockpit it make really a great difference. (compression artefact)
Also I'll lost many resources of the main VC I cannot render it anymore unless I redo all the light and many textures, it was my first "rtt" project, the captain's room on it's part is well organised.

Also, some generic, no-name textures would be nice for those who prefer independent, privately funded travel. :)

I understand you very well on that. :hello: There is by default some private funded skin, the pirate and particularly the "Black Star", the default "Orbiter" might be also private. (sponsored by this forum ? :lol: )

All the default skin, the two in front are the "used" version of ESA and NASA.

2012Arrow142.jpg

This is just for the fun, calculate how many billion dollars are behind the windows...
2012Arrow143.jpg

For the next version I would love at least a dark/red radar room with 3d radar like in my defunct project Symphony

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not sure if a radar room would be really fun, but a general plotting room (multiple sensors + information sources + analysis) would be interesting as tool during missions. A single room for the radar? That did not even happen during WW2.

The capabilities of the radar could then also be handled pretty coarse, since the 3D display simply shows the analysis of the situation and not just a single sensor.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Not sure if a radar room would be really fun

Probably I'm stuck in the Elite period :lol:

I use often your 3d mfd but the res is low (I don't like external mfd). A great 3d radar sphere can be nice and be somewhat fun as I see it (more than captain's room), at least it give some ambiance. (would be a dark room)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Probably I'm stuck in the Elite period :lol:

I use often your 3d mfd but the res is low (I don't like external mfd). A great 3d radar sphere can be nice and be somewhat fun as I see it (more than captain's room), at least it give some ambiance. (would be a dark room)

SensorMFD? I constantly promise myself to update it properly and you see what happens. :lol: The last thing I did was making it possible to use it in a F-15C radar display like mode for aircraft.

The 3D display idea is fine for me, I can imagine how to implement it with the new API. I just think radar alone would be just a gimmick, nice to see, but not really offering you much information for a mission in Orbiter. Thus the request for a plotting room, since this would permit more than just radar-related displays, for example a map of the landing site.

Last edited:

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
I'd go for the ultra res pack... I've got a computer that can handle it.

Also, the Arrow should really be white, not grey, considering how much time it spends drifting through space.

I think there should at least be something similar to this: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4965"]"Vanilla Five" DGIV Skin[/ame] It's my favorite DG IV skin since there are no logos and it's practically all white. My only problem with it (as with most DG IV skins) is that the bottom is not a black colored re-entry shield.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My only problem with it (as with most DG IV skins) is that the bottom is not a black colored re-entry shield.

The problem with the DGIV textures is that the top and the bottom part of the ship uses the same part of the texture. I have tried to make one "shield-realistic" but you know what happened ! :lol:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would love to test just for the fun a ultra-res pack to push the limit, 3x2048x2048 in R8G8B8 :RnR1:

But a public R8G8B8 "1024" only would be nice. On the main cockpit it make really a great difference. (compression artefact)
Also I'll lost many resources of the main VC I cannot render it anymore unless I redo all the light and many textures, it was my first "rtt" project, the captain's room on it's part is well organised.

I understand you very well on that. :hello: There is by default some private funded skin, the pirate and particularly the "Black Star", the default "Orbiter" might be also private. (sponsored by this forum ? :lol: )

All the default skin, the two in front are the "used" version of ESA and NASA.

2012Arrow142.jpg

This is just for the fun, calculate how many billion dollars are behind the windows...
2012Arrow143.jpg

For the next version I would love at least a dark/red radar room with 3d radar like in my defunct project Symphony

Those 2 pictures-Definitely the biggest way to waste tens of billions of dollars on machines that... can't fly :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

SensorMFD? I constantly promise myself to update it properly and you see what happens. :lol: The last thing I did was making it possible to use it in a F-15C radar display like mode for aircraft.

The 3D display idea is fine for me, I can imagine how to implement it with the new API. I just think radar alone would be just a gimmick, nice to see, but not really offering you much information for a mission in Orbiter. Thus the request for a plotting room, since this would permit more than just radar-related displays, for example a map of the landing site.

This room could also include say, pre-calculated launch windows (perhaps one of our beta testers could find these down to within a day? I know there are some out there, but I've only been able to find Jupiter-Earth-Mercury-Venus-Maars), the ship specs, a dedicated transX/IPMFD display, manufacturer (the manual maybe lol), destination display for popular bases, a way to use star sightings and MJD to find position (appolo nav stars anyone?), and lastly, maybe a way to start simulating economy (ie sell button for cargo, when within a certain distance of base, fills money tank? Really hypothetical, but a standard UCGO basis for it would help)

Oh, and one more thing dan, when you create the rockcargospawn thing like on the jason asteroid, could you include generic rocks that autospawn rock samples, for say mars-type rocks, or lunar geology samples? That way, we could maybe create "orbiter geology", collecting different rock samples, allowing for surface EVAs to be focused on doing scientific work, like Apollos 15-17 were heavily focused on the lunar geologic work, instead of just... going out to look at the horizon, or something :) (also forces more unconscious learning into brain)

Whew, I'm done

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Might be late to enquire about this, but by any chance did you stretch the docking bay a little so that a Shuttle-A can dock with enough clearance... previously the engines would not fit without penetrating the aft bulkhead of docking bay , but by a very small margin.

Keep up the excellent work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.