Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
I dislike the rug. Too art-deco for me, sorry. :lol:
I like the idea though! I always enjoyed being able to sort of explore the deltaglider's cockpit.

By the way, can you switch the internal movements to ctrl+arrow keys instead of ctrl+alt? I really hate turning my screen upside down!

May I second that? I guess it's just another Intel thing, but I guess quite a few people have it.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
DEV NEWS

And the high (medium) quality here, 3 hours of rendering:

2012Arrow137.jpg

About model: 7000 poly in only 3 groups and 3 textures 1024x1024. I have a FPS of 388 landed and 588 in space (cap caraneval is taking a lot :lol: )

I speak about "medium" quality because I can push the rendering to 6 hours AND the DTX1 format suck. In R8G8B8 the quality is perfect but that format is only supported by DX9 & 11. (Maybe I'll release a "high res" pack as addon for the arrow)

By the way, can you switch the internal movements to ctrl+arrow keys instead of ctrl+alt? I really hate turning my screen upside down :lol:

Sorry, it's native Orbiter. You have to change your graphic card's hotkey.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Where in the Arrow is this room?

Behind the side windows in the front Hull...

Well, one image...

2012Arrow138.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Behind the side windows in the front Hull...

Ah ok, I was confused because of the ceiling profile. Well, looks like the Arrow is a double-hulled vehicle. Nice! :lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It has something of a luxury passenger boat cabin. Nice ! :thumbup:

I guess there is a vertical bed/sleepbag, and a "classic horizontal" one for landed situations ? :)

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
I dislike the rug. Too art-deco for me, sorry. :lol:

My wife dislike it too ;) (I took the first that came on google, if you can find better... )

I guess there is a vertical bed/sleepbag, and a "classic horizontal" one for landed situations ? :)

The idea is that it would will be on the left side and could be folded with of course a sleeping bag & belts.

I hesitate to make it for this release, that's typically a detail that should be very well done or it could spoil the look and feel (it might add also 1500 poly). Maybe the captain will not sleep yet, only work.* ;)

But I'll add more technical details (mainly paint on textures)

*In Anyway the crew should only sleep in the wheel to counter the effect of zero G. So maybe there will never be a bed here.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you sure the upside down screen is orbiter hardcoded? the Deltagliders cockpit movements use the ctrl+arrow buttons. Oh, and I know youre probably busy, but I was wondering if you or someone else could help explain how I could implement a cargo screen like the arrow has in a new vessel? I really think it helps to manage cargo like that instead of the hud keys

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Taken (and translated) from the French forum:

SolarLiner wrote:
You know what ? It misses just the "free-flight' sheets and pens, and that's perfect !
smilie5.gif
You laugh, but I think about it. A while ago, picto had released a "Star Wars" code, witch can link vessels themselves, in fact the "childs" vessels flies according to the parent-vessel, like "shoot-them-up" video games.

In fact, it would have pens and books flying in the room. They are in free-flight mode and when they bounce int a wall the code plays. So the object flies, you burn with the Arrow's engines and the objects just sticks into the wall, bounces, spins, etc. (...)

:OMG: I think you are mad, Dan ! :rofl:

I cannot wait Tuesday.

PS: He said this, too :
But I've done too many things, and I stop here ... Fo this release.
:jj::banana::bananadance::woohoo::hotcool::11sign:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Taken (and translated) from the French forum:

:OMG: I think you are mad, Dan ! :rofl:

I cannot wait Tuesday.

PS: He said this, too :

:jj::banana::bananadance::woohoo::hotcool::11sign:

So, theres a addon that allows for individual objects inside of orbiter VC's?

How does it simulate "hitting the wall", like visoad did vessel collisions?

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity - will the new Arrow replace the old one or be a separate vessel, eg. you could have the old and the new one in the same scenario?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
99% of spaceflight is preventing things from exploding by themselves. You might be surprised how often it once happened that a spent rocket stage exploded suddenly after some months in space, because the old metal-hydrite batteries had not been vented and inerted. The explosion warning signs at stations for recharging truck batteries exist for a reason. ;)

Most spacecraft are literally flying bombs until you disarm them properly for disposal at the end of the mission.

And that is yet still harmless. Let fuel run out before you can safely shut down a large rocket engine and you can see around 150 MW pump power go postal. Before the up to 1.5 tons of propellant in the rocket engine behind the pump are consumed, you can for a few milliseconds experience real chemistry... white hot metal burning in the presence of oxygen, white hot metal reacting with hydrogen, oxygen doing illegal acts with hydrogen, hydraulic oil being abused by all others, metal dust increasing the reaction rate... If you are lucky, it only costs you the engine. Usually it costs you the whole thrust section of the rocket and you have only seconds left before the rest explodes as well.

Isn't spaceflight fun?
I always de-fuel my spacecraft after landing, if it has facilities for doing so;)

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

:jawdrops:
Felipi, it looks like as the commander of Odyssey II, you'll get a pretty sweet office!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.