Project Arcturus Lunar Lander

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Is the plan to still launch it on the Quasar rocket?

Yeah, Quasar 452 is the launcher.
The crew (with Antares) will be launched aboard a Jarvis M, with separate TLI and docking of the two spacecrafts around the Moon. The two rockets were specifically designed from the beginning with the performances needed for these tasks.

Last edited:

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
am_ext10.jpg

am_ext11.jpg

am_ext12.jpg

New development steps on ascent module!
The external coating is inspired by BEAM module. The semi-rigid structure is designed to save weight and preserve solidity

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
I had wondered what had happened to this project. We don't have many lunar landers for Orbiter 2016 (yet), so this is great.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Arcturus lower deck is starting to take shape:

am_inf11.jpg

am_inf10.jpg

am_inf12.jpg

This images include life support system, space toilet, personal hygene corner, beds, airlock. I know, just mattresses for now.. I promise to add bed sheets in the future..:rofl:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why no hammocks, like in the Apollo LM?

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Why no hammocks, like in the Apollo LM?

i'm considering your option. I made some reaserch and find out that sleeping at 1/6 G is comfortable with well designed hammocks and it allows us to save space and total mass. Apollo 15, 16 and 17 astronauts reported very good rest periods. I'm working on drawers now :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
i'm considering your option. I made some reaserch and find out that sleeping at 1/6 G is comfortable with well designed hammocks and it allows us to save space and total mass. Apollo 15, 16 and 17 astronauts reported very good rest periods. I'm working on drawers now :lol:

Yeah, that is what I read as well. From an engineering POW it makes sense.

And what helped using the very limited space inside old ships of sail might also work in the limited space inside a spacecraft. :thumbup:

Finding a way how to reduce the noise inside the spacecraft might improve this a lot more, this was a common complaint for both Apollo and all orbital flights. Maybe the ECLSS could get switched into a more classic air conditioning mode, when lunar gravity is around, instead of forced airflow like orbital spacecraft need.