Another modeling exercise

CigDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Over the last 5-7 years my job has transformed from 3D modeling to more video compositing and editing. I love the work, but when i see models like coolhand's I realize how much my modeling skills have atrophied. :( I decided I would do a little modeling exercise, trying to push polish my skills a bit. since I enjoy the little shuttle pb I decided to build a new model for it and perhaps a simple VC. Of course once I started modeling I started having fun and things got out of hand. It really isn't a shuttle pb anymore. Not sure if I'll ever actually code it, but here are some preliminary renders:
prt01.jpg

I removed the windows for the render so the interior would be more visible

prt02.jpg

i'm going to change the engines from current tech to something that looks more futuristic, plus they may interfere with the docking port on the back. You can also see the scram exit on the bottom.

prt03.jpg

Funny little thing, but kind of cool. I'm happy with the shape, but I think it needs some vertical tail or tails.

prt04.jpg

Kind of looks like a fish ;) You can also see the access hatch that was originally going to be the docking port, but change to radiators once I moved the dock to the aft end. Also, looking at the amount of space the pilot has, I may add a copilot seat and make it a 4 man craft instead of the 3 man craft.

prt05.jpg

The seats are designed to allow UMMU to wear their backpacks, no idea how comfy they would be, but it looks cool. The holes in the seats need a bit more polygons. From this view you can see out the docking port in the back. There is a small area between the cockpit and the docking port accessed by a portal between the two. It would be a bit hard to crawl between them but I'm not worried about it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I don't know about shuttle PB, it looks more like an escape pod of some sort. It's an interesting design.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks like someone from Journey to the Bottom of the Sea made a spaceship!

Seriously, though, it looks freaking sweet. :thumbup:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Very Nice!!!

Quick question though....
What modeling software do you use?

CigDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I may release it, but I have no idea when that may be.
I use 3DS Max.