AMSO AMSO for Orbiter 2016 released

CTarana45

Reaction score
JacquesMono was nice enough to Email me a copy of AMSO for Orbiter 2006! I do all my add-on development in 2006! I have copies of Alain's ACSGPS for Fs98 and Fs2000 still!

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher Tarana

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello I got a question: How do you close the visors of the astronauts while they're on EVA? Thanks in advance!
There are three key combinations to operate the visor: [Shit+"L"], [Ctrl+"L"] and [Shift+Ctrl+"L"]

gamer19

Reaction score
AMSO was a solid 50% the reason I even played Orbiter in the first place.
+1
just in my case ...it's closer to 90% :love:
just me saying to all involved a huge thank you.
now when I can finally write a post :sneaky:

Reaction score
Hi, I know that this mod is made for R3.13 D3D9client and D15 LTMFD and that it wasn't optimized for newer versions unless they have been "validated". But currently, I have LTMF D16 and (probably) D4.7 D3D9 (looks like there's a newer version out might get that if it works as well), have these been approved for the mod?

Joseph Borg

Reaction score
Hello All ! I have 're-installed' orbiter 2016 + AMSO.... and for some strange reason, whereas before I used to get the little descriptors at the bottom left corner of my screen when pressing K button. Now I get nothing. I get the transparent bar, but no text. Do you have any idea what may be wrong ? All modules are checked. Thanks guys.

AND if I run the normal orbiter (i.e., not the server edition with Direct) the bottom left text appears) its just with the server edition. thanks

EDIT - fixed by a fresh install. :)

Still., I have seen some older posts who also had this. And missing fonts in general. I wonder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Using the new Terrain Tool, here's the Apollo 11 landing site:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YWj6PmQR_utjjW-kPfJFVGIGUOLAnFCC

Extract to textures\moon

Notice that the default Tranquility Base is off relative to the actual landing site.
Orbiter/AMSP needs to be updated on this regard, using the data here http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/posts/938
So the automated landing will not put you on the historical place...

On the image I landed close the historical site (it's the light circle at the tip of the LEM's shadow).
I'm wondering if there is anymore of these.

kosmo92

Reaction score
Hi current I move from Orbiter 2010 to 2016 and I have problem with AMSO.
I installed AMSO, Orbiter sounds, the latest version of D3D9 Client with MicroTexture Pack, according to the instructions I chose linear interpolation ”,“ Max. resolution level ”is set to 19. In D3D9 options I set full scene in Reflexion mode. I can't find anywhere in the D3D9 Experimental lunar terrain interpolation settings. As a result, objects merge with the ground. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!

Reaction score
Hi current I move from Orbiter 2010 to 2016 and I have problem with AMSO.
I installed AMSO, Orbiter sounds, the latest version of D3D9 Client with MicroTexture Pack, according to the instructions I chose linear interpolation ”,“ Max. resolution level ”is set to 19. In D3D9 options I set full scene in Reflexion mode. I can't find anywhere in the D3D9 Experimental lunar terrain interpolation settings. As a result, objects merge with the ground. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!
I made a thread about this but to sum it up that feature is already in D3D9.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't have it or i made some mistakes during installation
The effect is implemented by default in D3D9Client now, so the checkbox has been removed. The AMSO-2016 readme was written for an earlier D3D9Client version so you can disregard that part.

Wuwuk

Reaction score
Hello
I'm installed latest 'AMSO-2016-123-191221' on Orbiter 2016,
but I don't hear Apollo sounds in missions (all Apollo sounds) only default XR sounds
and there is no automatic start after 5 minutes 30 seconds, I have to press the K button
Old AMSO-123 on Orbiter 2010-P1 autostart and Apollo sounds(and separately installed sound pack) work fine.

Last edited: