News Add-ons working in Orbiter 2016

Eduard

Reaction score
DG-EX still works. Though it's still a beast to get into orbit! :lol:

14212538_10207696281467182_7582057907607436696_n.jpg

One issue: It starts off in the bushes to the west of the runway. Change the position in the .scn file to this:

POS -80.6824940 28.5967940

and it will work. (Note: The DG in the "Delta-glider > Virtual cockpit" scenario starts off in the same position; you can use the same fix!)

It's still very buggy, and when starting the scenario in orbiter with the stock client, a CTD occurs for at least 50% of the time so that nothing is loaded.
But when you finally get it started, then it works and you have a very nice add-on, but still with a lot of bugs (plasma engine sometimes suddenly shuts down and the "Clrl"-"+", "Ctrl"-"-" and "Ctrl"-"*" keyboard instructions are often not working).

It still does not work good with the D9D3Client. Things are not shown like the white color of the plasma engine or are shown incorrectly like the main engine color above 30km (like it's always running even if the engine is completely off).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:rofl:Yeah, perhaps so. But isn't it sad that a call for collaboration can be actually seen as foul play? IMHO that speaks volumes.

Depends on the who and how in that case. Its pretty insensitive.

rseferino

Orbiter amateur filmmaker
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5133"]Venus 8 level texture[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5234"]Level 8 Neptune[/ame]

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5235"]Level 8 Uranus UPDATE[/ame]

Last edited:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fluffy Cloud Generator works... but not well enough to include here. The altitude parameter seems to be broken; default has the low altitude set at 3000 feet, but it will create clouds at ground level.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Ravensheart system and Enterprise TMP are both working.

Enterprise TMP works ok... but the accompanying shuttle has no texture for the front viewport, and it starts off stuck in the Enterprise's midsection. (Also the 1701-A scenario opens to an invisible ship...)

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I recommend that we not report add-ons that have a version for Orbiter 2016.

The useful info here is what Orbiter 2010 add-ons also work in Orbiter 2016. If there is a special version for Orbiter 2016, that implies that the Orbiter 2010 version does not work.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I disagree... at least for now. It's a lot easier (for me, at least) to see all the add-ons that are working for this version, all in once place, than to go fishing through Orbithanger for them (especially since OH's search engine seems to not be functioning at the moment).

I decided to start testing some of my favorite deep space craft, and I can say that James Cook and Doradus both seem to be working just fine. :thumbup:

crisbeta

Reaction score
Also works:

Makemake
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4343"]Makemake[/ame]

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm also pleased to report that my old addon, the Eagle 5 from Spaceballs, still works! (Though one of the scenarios has the Eagle starting in the same position as the DG-EX mentioned earlier - same fix applies - and one scenario has an invisible craft; I'll revisit that scenario when I get time. Also it sits a bit low on the ground; probably a minor config tweak...)

Last edited:

leo9man

Reaction score
Papy's Bar. Last one to the bar pays. Mine's a pint of Romulan Ale.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I decided to start testing some of my favorite deep space craft, and I can say that James Cook and Doradus both seem to be working just fine. :thumbup:

I'll save some people some time: Hiperion, Cosmos, Ares NTR, 02 Space Transport, Descartes and Clydesdale do NOT work.

Longjap

Reaction score
I recommend that we not report add-ons that have a version for Orbiter 2016.

The useful info here is what Orbiter 2010 add-ons also work in Orbiter 2016. If there is a special version for Orbiter 2016, that implies that the Orbiter 2010 version does not work.

I understand what you mean. But as it is now, add-ons are unbelievably hard to find. Some are at the hangar, some as zip at the forum, some are at other websites, some are abandoned. OH has no search function working now, the layout and subject trees are not very easy to understand or working.
I can see when browsing a subject being a "Spacecraft > Realistic (current/near tech)" but I have no way to search "realistic" directly of the browse page.

I would like to have a one stop thread to check *all* the available add-ons for this version. The energy and love 3rd parties put in the sim is scattered and confusing to find. Dependabilities, little updates for a certain mod by other users, man it's a labyrinth and has with great consequences when done wrong. Your install can become FUBAR quite fast.

Are there plans to update the OH site? Maybe I can contribute a little. For one I would love to see the original add-on / subject on top and all the updates and dependabilities nicely organised and combined in the subject tree. Even better added in the download itself but that would probably be not appreciated by their creators.

Last edited:

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
This version of Niven, [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5594"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5594[/ame], works in Orbiter 2016.

I am working on updating it for the 2016 version.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Glideslope 2.5 and BaseSync 3.0 updated for Orbiter 2016 now.

downloaderfan

Reaction score
Glideslope 2.5 and BaseSync 3.0 updated for Orbiter 2016 now.

And with that, all the MFD addons that I've been using in orbiter since 2013 to perform all kinds of maneuvers have already become compatible with the 2016 release. That too, in just 12 days after the launch of the final version. O-F certainly has an outstanding modding community.

Kudos to all devs. :cheers:

Last edited:

turtle91

Reaction score
Can someone confirm IMFD is working correctly? I only tested it for a short bit. Thanks.

Yes and no...:huh:
I have done a "quick" flight to Jupiter yesterday, and in all modes (eject, course), the burn was not allways stopping. Sometimes (complete random) AB has left some low thrust on the engines. So the num-key "*"(cut off) was my best friend.
However, the precision is ok, it's just the burn which sometimes needs to be manually corrected.
But don't use "Orbit Insert", this mode has a serious issue, which I allready reported in the IMFD thread.