News Add-ons working in Orbiter 2016

Linguofreak

Reaction score
OrbiterSound is listed as working, but is anyone having trouble obtaining it? The download seems to hang somewhere in the first half, quite consistently. At first I thought it might be my router flaking out, but I then tried downloading another addon hosted on another site and was able to pull it down with no issues.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello everyone !
I've tried several addons, which have the same problem, especialy rockets. If i try to launch Kulch's Energya, for example, or the famous Themis Addon, or Velcro Rockets, they appear in game, but they aren't vertical on the launch pad. AP seems to work, i mean it burns the engines, but the rocket falls under the lauch pad, or flies... in an acrobatic demonstration.

I can't use MultiStage 2015 either, and that's a pain.

At last, but perhaps it's not the good thread fot that, i can't get Videnie, Glideslope or Basesync MFD working. I try to see if there is a conflict anywhere. If other people can make them work, it's not a problem with the game...

Thanx for this thread (very useful), for orbiter, for air, food and water, for the beasts on the ground, the birds in the sky, hail Probe, and protect us from CTD. :hailprobe:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm guessing most of the "big dumb rocks" addons are still going to work... as long as they don't have bases on them.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Hello everyone !
I've tried several addons, which have the same problem, especialy rockets. If i try to launch Kulch's Energya, for example, or the famous Themis Addon, or Velcro Rockets, they appear in game, but they aren't vertical on the launch pad. AP seems to work, i mean it burns the engines, but the rocket falls under the lauch pad, or flies... in an acrobatic demonstration.

I can't use MultiStage 2015 either, and that's a pain.

At last, but perhaps it's not the good thread fot that, i can't get Videnie, Glideslope or Basesync MFD working. I try to see if there is a conflict anywhere. If other people can make them work, it's not a problem with the game...

Thanx for this thread (very useful), for orbiter, for air, food and water, for the beasts on the ground, the birds in the sky, hail Probe, and protect us from CTD. :hailprobe:

Multistge2015 has a version in development by fred18 that works for Orbiter 2016. So be patient. That should make almost all multistage2 launch vehicles compatible.

Videnie works in Orbiter 2016 for me. Glideslope and Basesync MFD both ave Orbiter 2016 versions that were just released.

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ISS AtoZ works in Orbiter 2016, but all .dll vessels, (Soyuz, Progress, P4, CMG etc.) CTD when you press F1 for VC. SC3 vessels work in VC mode however.

Confirmed. Another problem with this addon is there's no vessel-specific sound, eg. XR Ravenstar, which actually generate HUD warning that the OrbiterSound was not loaded properly. As I recall from 2010 version, the problem was with too many vessels and Orbiter Sound having some arbitrary limit.

Longjap

Reaction score
Falcon 9R and 9 Heavy may be working... but the associated Dragon is not.

Use this update by BrianJ. It should work after installing.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6802"]Dragon DLL for OrbiterBeta r.13[/ame]

chrival

Reaction score
AMSO does not work.
Since NASSP is broken too, there's no Apollo simulation available on orbiter...

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
At last, but perhaps it's not the good thread fot that, i can't get Videnie, Glideslope or Basesync MFD working.

I'm maintaining Glideslope and BaseSync. You need the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable (until I repackage to remove this dependency), plus ModuleMessagingExt for Orbiter 2016. If these are missing, you'll have an error 126 in the orbiter.log.

Have another go, and if not working, post your Orbiter.log here (cut/paste the contents between [ code ] and [ /code ] tags (without the spaces).

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
AMSO does not work.

At least NASSP is open source. You could try to recompile it for the new SDK, perhaps it is just a binary incompatibility problem.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
AMSO does not work.

...yet... ;)

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

It's still very buggy, and when starting the scenario in orbiter with the stock client, a CTD occurs for at least 50% of the time so that nothing is loaded.

I've noticed this too. But when it works, it works! (Mostly...)

I noticed the engine cutoff... I thought it was switching from ramjets to scramjets. I noticed the exhaust was different...

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UCGO seems to work. I nstalled the Ummu and UCGO 3.0. Ran a scenario got a instant CTD:( But I deleted the UMMU.dll and I can load cargo onto the LER. Not sure I can suggest anyone else does it though

T1234

Reaction score
I tried Chariklo but it was invisible,so made a new one,see my avatar.Is it working with or without D3D9?

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Auto install dependencies i mean.

Do a search for JSGME (JonesSoft Generic Mod Enabler.) If it still exists, it essentially keeps track of what files belong to what mods so that you can uninstall and update them without having to worry about tearing anything vital out of your install directory.

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello !
Thanx Boogabooga for the answer, sorry for this late reply.
I know videnie etc. work in Orbiter 2016, and thanx to modders for that. But when i activate the MFD in the launcher, they don't appear in game. My PC has by far the required specs, and i don't find what i've done wrong. For example i can use LTMFD without any problem, but IMFD doesn't only appear in the select menu... But it appears in the launcher :blink: I'm not a modder in any way, but i think i can say that i know how Orbiter works, i play it since 2009...
I'll delete the game, install it again, put the MFDs first, try them on a fresh install and i'll tell you. It's strange, i've never got any problem with MFDs (except using them... :huh:). If it doesn't work, i'll use the good old JSGME and try to see if there's a conflict.

To be clear (i'm not English, i try to do my best), i don't say there is a problem with the mods, i say that "I" have a problem that surely exists because of what i've done. Maybe the mistake could be interresting, or a conflict may appear. If not, well... I'm a 45 years old noob, and i'm still proud of that ! :cool: