Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I've changed line 187 to "none", to "Welcome Aboard All Vanguard Systems Nominal", and to "Welcome Aboard All XR1 Systems Nominal", and I still hear, "Welcome Aboard All Systems Nominal".

Anyone else seeing this?

I just retested that and it's working fine for me using default Orbiter vessels. Are you trying to change that for an XR vessel? Remember that XRSound.cfg only configures default sounds that XRSound plays automatically for vessels: XR vessels explicitly disable the default audio greeting callout that XRSound makes because they handle the callout themselves. If you are flying an XR vessel, you will need to edit that XR vessel's .cfg file (for example, $ORBITER_ROOT\Config\XR2RavenstarPrefs.cfg) and disable the audio greeting callout that way (the same way it's always been configured for XR vessels), because XR vessels play different (and vessel-specific) greetings based on whether the ship is landed or in-flight, and so they deliberately disable the default auto-greeting callout via an API call.

The setting you need to edit for XR vessels is shown below in red (set to 0 to disable the greeting sound). Remember, this in the XR vessel's .cfg file, not the default XRSound.cfg file:

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Enable or disable specific categories for voice callouts
#
# 0 = callouts for named category disabled
# 1 = callouts for named category enabled (default)
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[COLOR="Red"]EnableAudioStatusGreeting=0[/COLOR]
EnableVelocityCallouts=1
EnableAltitudeCallouts=1
EnableDockingDistanceCallouts=1
EnableInformationCallouts=1
EnableRCSStatusCallouts=1
EnableAFStatusCallouts=1
EnableWarningCallouts=1

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
The setting you need to edit for XR vessels is shown below in red (set to 0 to disable the greeting sound). Remember, this in the XR vessel's .cfg file, not the default XRSound.cfg file:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I did RTFM and somehow missed that nuance. Thank you very much for setting me straight. The welcome aboard audio is now silent.

Great job on the XR Sound, BTW. :cheers:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi dbeachy1

I'm still developing Kourou-CSG, and now I'm using XRsound successfully : I've managed with succes to assign sounds for Vinka's spacecraft3 vesels (and vehicles) animations.

But I think only few people know that this module is functional.

So I ask myself the following question: why not put on the site "OrbitHangar" a version, even if your module is not finished ??

Thank you for your answer...

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That's a fair point. Please feel free (or anyone, for that matter) to create an OrbitHangar entry for XRSound linking to its download page on my Web site. I don't want to actually host a duplicate copy of XRSound on OrbitHangar because then it would be a pain to keep them in sync, but an OrbitHanger entry linking to my Web site would be fine. :thumbup:

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Hi there, I don't know if this is the place for "request".
Is it possible to have a function to switch the callouts from meters to feets ? I know this is a strange request, but as I'm flying the SpaceShuttle I always wanted to have the callouts like ShuttleFleet had :)

Then I could replace the sound files on my end with actual STS mission callouts :)

Thanks !

Marijn

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having some small problems with the crew using the XR5 which I don't think I had before. To me it seems that's something is wrong with the mass of the crew.

My spreadsheet which I use to calculate flights was showing a slightly different value for the total mass than indicated within Orbiter on the panels. A difference of 53kg. This used to be exactly the same.

When I set all fuels and lox to zero and no payload, the total mass of the ship is 267624kg indicated on the panels. The dry mass of the ship is 266400kg. So the 18 crew members must weigh 1224kg. I always used 1277kg for the total crew mass which I think is correct.

When I tried to set a different number of crew members to find the difference, it didn't work. I can't EVA any crew. There seems no MMU data in my scenario's, so it loads data form the XR5VanguardPrefs file, but it ignores the DefaultCrewComplement parameter. I did set it to 1, but it always loads all 18 crew members.

Any thoughts on this? thanks!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
EVA and crew management in XR vessels are disabled until oMMU is ready for beta testing. UMMu support was removed from the XRs because UMMu is not compatible with Orbiter 2016 and CTDs when you try to egress or ingress while landed (as well as other problems). XR crew management will be restored once OMMu is ready. :tiphat:

Marijn

Reaction score
Thanks for answering so quickly. I am looking forward to it! I knew EVA wasn't really possible yet. I am just curious where the difference of 53kg is coming from. I like to plan long flights and arrive on fumes so I want to account for every kilo onboard.

Is this difference part of the work in progress? If I add up all the individual crew members masses, regardless if taken from the XR5VanguardPrefs file or UMM data in the default scenario's, the sum is 1277kg .

266400+1277+55500+4440+13320+230880+468=572285. When I fill the XR5 to 100% with no payload and launch the scenario Orbiter says the total mass is 572232.

I am a bit confused now what the real total mass of the ship is. I used all previous versions of the XR vessels in Orbiter2016 and I never ran into this before.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It's very likely due to the fact that XRs use(d) UMMu to track each passenger's weight, etc., and now that code is disabled. I could probably fix it by adding code to handle the crew mass manually, but that code would all go away anyway once OMMu is ready. So I'm not inclined to put all that work into a new temporary XR vessel release for just a few KG. :)

Marijn

Reaction score
Ah well, don't bother about that. I was just looking for those 53kg. Now I know. I'll just change my spreadsheet for that and be patient.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I did put Teal'c on a quick diet in my spreadsheet. Instead of 104kg, now he is 51 and the problem is solved :)

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Bonjour:tiphat:

I have a question that I do not know how to answer :
With XRSound I succeed to assign sounds to the animations of a vessel (and also with Fred18's General_vehicle's animations).

But can we associate a sound with the J key - that causes the ejection of a stage (or a payload) ? :idk:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
But can we associate a sound with the J key - that causes the ejection of a stage (or a payload) ? :idk:

Check out page 7 of the XRSound User Manual for details. To sum up, you'll need to:

• Temporarily set EnableVerboseLogging = 1 and LogVesselAnimations = 1 in your $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\XRSound.cfg file.
  • Run Orbiter and press the J key to activate the vessel animation for which you want to change the sound.
  • Look at the end of your XRSound.log for lines relating to the animation you just activated and take note of the 'animation ID' value; e.g., in the example here, the animation ID is 7:
    Code:
    [GL-01] >> LogVesselAnimations: [DeltaGlider][animation ID = 7, state = Moving]
  • Now that you know the Orbiter animation ID for that particular animation, you can configure the sound played for it in your vessel class's $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\XRSound-foo.cfg file, where 'foo' is your vessel's class name. Refer to the detailed comments in the default $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\XRSound-DeltaGlider.cfg file for details.
:tiphat:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
So, it seems to be possible as for Spacecraft4.

I'll try this on the evening (or night :lol: ) and I will tell you.

Thanks so much to you ! :tiphat:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hello

As the ejection of a stage (with multistage2015) is not an animation but a creation of a "new vessel" I did not succeed to associed a specific sound.
(it can be done with the guidance file) so it does not matter.

Another question :
I activated both "Orbitersound" and "XRSound": it seems to work, we have the sounds of both of them ...:lol:

Has anyone ever tried this ? :facepalm:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As the ejection of a stage (with multistage2015) is not an animation but a creation of a "new vessel" I did not succeed to associed a specific sound.
(it can be done with the guidance file) so it does not matter.

Since multistage2015 is creating a new vessel via custom code, there is no way to configure a sound for that using only .cfg files: you would need to update the multistage2015 DLL itself, which would require the source code.

Another question :
I activated both "Orbitersound" and "XRSound": it seems to work, we have the sounds of both of them ...:lol:

Has anyone ever tried this ? :facepalm:

What you need instead is Face's OrbiterSound-to-XRSound Bridge: that will automatically forward any OrbiterSound calls to XRSound. :tiphat:

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
From investigating this, this is, unfortunately, an Orbiter 2016 core bug where it is incorrectly togging the AF Ctrl mode on/off along with the RCS mode whenever you press the RCS toggle mode shortcut key (CTRL-NUMPAD-/). XRSound sees that both modes are changing in the same frame, and so it (correctly) plays both callouts.

This issue has been addressed in SVN r.78. Can you check if the problem is fixed?
Note that during entry, controls will now automatically switch from RCS to AF when dynamic pressure > 1kPa, so I guess there could be some callouts there.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@all -- I don't have the Orbiter beta installed at the moment; can someone who has the latest Orbiter beta installed give this a quick test? If not, I'll see if I can get to it next week.

Chris74

Reaction score
@dbeachy1

Thank you for your work /w all the fleet. Im back from not using OBT for years.
A big problem for me still exists /w the Ravenstar.

The atmosphere handling is completely off on all gas giants. Basically its impossible to generate any usable lift before burning to ashes.
this happens at any realistic speeds or entry slopes.

so no aerocapture, aero-planechange or aero-slingshot is possible /w the Ravenstar at the gas giants.
possibly because of Ravenstars sophisticated atmospheric flight model handles GGs differently in some obscure way.

is there any possible tweak for this...?
thank you!
:hail:

ps: sorry i couldnt find the original dev thread...