Update XR1 1.9 / XR2 1.4 / XR5 1.7 D3D9-Ready Versions Released

orbekler

Reaction score
Everything seems to be working well here. I made a test run of the new Retrieve Payload from Phobos and Deimos (hard) scenario and it's great. The reentry is the most challenging part. I failed it during the first attempt but managed to get on a pad during a second attempt.:cheers:

Last night I managed to retrieve LOX tank on Deimos, lowered orbit and reached Phobos with 36% of main fuel left. Hopefully I'll get the second tank and try the Olympus reentry.

Ricovandijk

Reaction score
Request:

Flash evaporator cooling during launch and re-entry!

I got the black screens of death yesterday during final reentry phase!

(or make the screens blue and add a windows logo! hehe kidding!)

Cheers!!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
If you need more time before the coolant overheats you can set CoolantHeatingRate=0 (139 minutes) or CoolantHeatingRate=2 (never overheats) in your XR preference file:

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Set internal systems heating rate; this is the rate at which the coolant temperature 
# in the liquid cooling system rises as it cools the ship's internal computer 
# and electronic systems.  The times listed indicate approximate maximum runtimes 
# before the radiator must be deployed to prevent overheating.
#   0 = easy      (~139 minutes)
#   1 = realistic (~63 minutes)
#   2 = OFF (coolant maintains nominal temperature without radiator being deployed)
#
# NOTE: You can override this global setting for a given scenario by setting a value for it in your scenario file; 
#       Refer to the scenario file named "Configuration File Override Example 2.scn" for an example.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CoolantHeatingRate=[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]

:thumbup:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hi Dbeachy1, Coolhand, I have a problem with the new XR-2. The VC is in grayscale and there is an Altea logo on the right rudder and nothing on the left rudder. i did another installation with a fresh copy of orbiter and a fresh copy of the XR-2. Still Same thing. any ideas?

The "grayscale VC" issue sounds like a video driver problem or something. As for the Altea logo only being on one side, that is normal: only the starboard wing has an Altea logo; the port wing does not.

ProAuroraX

Resident Insane Person
Addon Developer
Reaction score
my vc was blue the the other day when i downloaded the newest version. now it's gray. there altea logos on both wings and one on the Starboard Rudder. i cannot change textures as well. updated my drivers and everything.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:blink: Something bizarre is going on, then -- it sounds like the textures are trashed in video memory. Can you please post the contents of your Orbiter.log and dxdiag.log files (using code tags)?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Here's the problem:

Code:
Devices enumerated: 4
Devices accepted: 3
==> RGB Emulation
==> Direct3D HAL
==> [COLOR="Red"]Direct3D HAL (Intel(R) HD Graphics)[/COLOR]

Unfortunately your onboard graphics chip does not support Transform & Lighting (Direct3D T&L HAL), which explains the graphics issues you are seening. Since you're already running the latest drivers for your onboard video you're likely out-of-luck. If it was a desktop PC I would suggest getting a discrete video card for it, but since it's a laptop that's not an option.

All I can suggest is to run it on another PC whose video card supports T&L. Sorry for the bad news. :(

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
coffeene the suprise was that the arrow was going to have a VC. That video was for UCGO by DanSteph, not any of the XR fleet.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
I too am having a problem, I am using the latest version of the XR Fleet (I only downloaded them yesterday :p), and am running them using the d3d9 client RC27 and my graphics card is using the latest drivers, but on all of the XR fleet craft my flat panels have transparencies where all the throttles buttons etc. should be.

Here is a screencap of the XR-1 flat panel for reference.
picture.php

Edit: Actually, I don't think it's a problem with the XR fleet, I'm having flat panel issues with my default craft as well.

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I know you say you have the latest graphics card drivers but those gaps are a familiar GFX driver issue. I'd try replacing the driver with a new copy of the same version or even downgrading one, if you can, just in case you have a somehow damaged driver install.

Also, good thing to know would be what kind of graphics adaptor you're using.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
In that case we'll be using the same driver. I have version 275.33 installed and the panels are fine here. (Gigabyte Geforce 560 Ti)

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
The old bug with external cooling still persists.

Trying to load a scenario with XR2 vessel having
Code:
  EXTCOOLING_STATUS 1
string results in CTD.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Works on my machine. :) Can you please retry your test in a clean Orbiter installation? It sounds like some b0rked third-party add-on is trashing memory.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
You're right, the problem is on my side. Module that causes Orbiter to crash is, surprisingly, Orbiter Sound 3.5. Deactivating it in modules tab stops Orbiter from crashing. Well, it does not causes CTD on a clean install with XR-2, Ummu 2.0 and Orbiter Sound 3.5 installed only, but it crashes my main install alright. So I suppose it is some other addon conflicting with Orbiter Sound which is causing XR-2 with external cooling connected to crash Orbiter :blink: Simply deactivating all other modules aren't helping, as well as copying the whole modules folder of my corrupted install into fresh test install and activating them doesn't causes CTD. Reinstalling Orbiter Sound aren't helping too.
I'll keep looking for a source of the problem.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Curious about this. I created two scenarios with the XR-2 parked adjacent to RWY 15 and 33 at KSC powered down so you have to refuel, power up, and release fuel/LOX/coolant lines before taxiing. Worked fine in the 3.9.2011 version without a CTD but not the 7.2.2011 update. Changing this:
EXTCOOLING_STATUS 1
to this:
EXTCOOLING_STATUS 0

resolves the CTD. Any idea why it didn't cause the CTD in the earlier version but does in this one?

Ben

Last edited: