Votes: 48 61.5%
  • NASSP

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is a rather unfair question. Why do you have to choose one or the other? I use both for example, what do I put? ;)

Star explorer

Reaction score
NASPP is my fav mainly because its the only one that works for on my computer i dont know why

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Both have their own merrits and choosing between the two is like asking which parent you love more. While AMSO gives you more of the "feel" of the Apollo missions, NASSP offers a more realistic technical ride with computers to program, buttons to press ( Oooops ! It wasn't me .... ) and stunning mesh and model work equal to AMSO.

As a fan of historical NASA missions, they compliment each other so well that I wouldn't even want to try choosing one over another.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
This is a rather unfair question. Why do you have to choose one or the other? I use both for example, what do I put? ;)
If there was an option for 'both' it would probably get all the votes. Either don't vote or pick a favorite. A vote for both is the same as not voting at all. The question isn't what you like, it is which one you enjoy more. A comparison.

On the topic of a closed poll, I feel that it should be left open to those who wish to vote in the future instead of making a new thread again and everyone revoting. For the moment at least, but not too long. ;)

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I have to choose NASSP. While I haven't used AMSO, I just can't imagine doing an Apollo mission anymore without the large panels, and the detailed checklists. I find the extra work of having to worry about checklists and extra procedures helps me feel like I'm actually in an Apollo capsule. After I'm done a mission, despite having been to the moon hundreds of times in the Deltaglider and other various spacecraft, I have an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.

Moe

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think this thread is not a good idea.

Every project has taken hundred million and twenty four hours of development, hundred liters of coffe and cigarrettes and several bad moments and less good moments. AMSO and NASSP authors bring they work for us... for free.

Honestly I don´t mind if people likes AMSO or NASSP. I only want to acknowledge the effort and generosity of both authors.

There are very few addons you can name "must have". These two are, obviously, an Orbiter must have addons.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I think this thread is not a good idea.

Every project has taken hundred million and twenty four hours of development, hundred liters of coffe and cigarrettes and several bad moments and less good moments. AMSO and NASSP authors bring they work for us... for free.

Honestly I don´t mind if people likes AMSO or NASSP. I only want to acknowledge the effort and generosity of both authors.

There are very few addons you can name "must have". These two are, obviously, an Orbiter must have addons.

Thats why i said prefer, i didnt say like or something, i ment prefer. I'm sorry if i offended people

Moe

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No Ryan. I´m not offended, and sure AMSO and NASSP authors neither.

That´s only my unpretentious point of view.

Cale

Reaction score
I know it's been awhile since the poll's been opened but, having flown both, I have to say that NASSP is my pick. The realism that's incorporated with the panels, AGC is superb. The real hidden gem, IMHO, is the Project Apollo MFD, which can communicate with IMFD. A few clicks, and your TLI burn is set up (and bloody accurate, too). Like someone earlier said, I've been to the moon and back with the XR1, DGIV and Direct/Orion, but once I get through Standard Mode with NASSP, I'll feel like I've accomplished something.

All the above being said, AMSO is absolutely gorgeous from a visual perspective and I like how the EVA's seem to be more evolved than NASSP. It's nice how Alain has made a very touching tribute to Dennis Hare (aka LazyD), who I had the privilege of knowing (and testing for him) through Orbiter. Alain's autopilot interface and instructions are very well done.

Both are great credits to Orbiter.

Cheers,

Cale

darian

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm really shocked at this new AMSO addon. What have I been missing I was away from Orbiter for like two years and return to here about this new AMSO vs NASSP deal. Well personally I love NASSP the project is superb. Now I was hearing alot about this AMSO so I did give it a try and well after I installed it then tried to run it it CRASHED CTD. :huh::huh::huh::huh:

I think I'll stick with NASSP. But I may give AMSO a shot one day to see what it's about.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
Well it's not really a full on compeitition as you might think, and thats odd you had a CTD for AMSO, do you have all the downloads for AMSO thats on AMSOs home page.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think you need to be really skilled to have a CTD with AMSO, as AMSO is a very self-contained add-on.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I voted for AMSO simply because it is the one I am most familair with and have been using recently. The more I think about it, the more I wish I hadn't voted at all. I have not tried NASSP in quite a while, but I do remember when I did try it that I loved its level of detail in the simulated procedures. It really, REALLY bugs me when I am using AMSO that I can see such a beautifully detailed VC, and nothing in it works. I take the pilot's seat in the CM, and there it is. A static version of the AGC staring me right in the face. It looks really good, but is not functional. I do however love the EVA activities. And I have learned how to use more of IMFD's functionality from a hands-on perspective, but I get a thrill from historical accuracy. My wife just shakes her head when I say, "Look, honey. I just completed my LOI burn at exactly the same time they did it back then." I'm a sim geek and I love accuracy and detail. But I also love stunning VC graphics that make me feel like I'm sitting in the CM during liftoff.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I agree with what someone said earlier in the thread. A vote for both is like not voting at all. So, whatever number ends up in the AMSO tally, subtract one, because I prefer to use whichever one I'm in the mood for.

Sorry I took so many words to get that out.

Regards,
n122vu

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Tex might be able to do that for you. Nice to see you, n122vu, welcome to the forums. Your name looks a bit familiar to me, do I know you from somewhere?

davewave

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Best Apollo Mod

I have two answers for this:

1) Unless NASSP can absolutly completly simulate all contingencies, including errors which may occur and actions that the crew have to take, then it will fall short of reallity which is what it sets out to achieve.
Short answer is that NASSP is fun to play will all the controls but almost completly pointless because every mission runs perfect from beginning to end and there is no challenge.

2)AMSO is the opposite to this, giving the player full free control over an Apollo craft but orbiter style so you feel like you are doing something. not to mention AMSO have far superior graphics and also the best part, when you get to the moon ,there is something actually do be accomplished there.

What I want is a hybrid:
* Ship systems of NASSP
* Graphics of AMSO
* EVA Objectives of AMSO but using collision meshes from NASSP and orulex

RangerPL

Addon Consumer
Reaction score
Really depends on what I'm in the mood for, but I like NASSP more just for the procedures + switches part. I love switches :D