What music are you listening to?

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My research expedition into regions of Youtube inhabited by metallic stars, has founds large clouds of alcohol:

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

A song in Gaulic language:

...with a higher-metallicity remix:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZioMaUz0c"]Eluveitie - Omnos (Metal Version) - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Oh, look, a Polish band! (With nice steam trains!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O2Aec2o-4w"]Unsun - Home (official video) - YouTube[/ame]

steph

Reaction score

Hey, I just dug into their discography yesterday for the evening run playlist. That's a classic right there :p . Pretty much on the same level are bands like Bullet, '77, Krokus, Rhino Bucket, Hardbone etc. Beer&women metal. 77's songs seem to fascinate me especially after a few beers, though I tend to find their music quite uninteresting when sober :lol:

Aaand some synthwave/retrowave. I swear, this kind of underground artists usually have a cheesiness to their music , videos and artwork that is too damn high. But you can find some groovy beats and epic synths if you look hard enough.

Last edited:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
911 netsky

Give it up knife party

Ultra violence datsik

I'm designing a space station and I play hardcore dubstep stuff during the whole process. I recently decided to switch it up a little and celebrate the music made by people on the other(softer) side of edm...So I've been listening to the stuff above. However every couple of pages that I finish, I listen to dirty robotic stuff like the song below.

https://soundcloud.com/yukidubz/ad-curzed-subfiltronik-evil-ryu-yuki-vip

It's called riddim.

Last edited:

steph

Reaction score

So this starts getting played in the pub Saturday at 1 AM and all of the suden, massive moshinng ensues :lol: By that time , most of the people there were thoroughly wasted so...Still, amazing how it cand be fine one minute and the next one people are flying and crashing on beer-laden tables.:cheers:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A song in Gaulic language:

...with a higher-metallicity remix:

Eluveitie - Omnos (Metal Version) - YouTube

There's something wrong here... I'm not exactly sure on which album Olmos was released, but the band picture is from the inlay of the Fear Dark remaster of Ven, done right after they got their first cd contract (the old version of Ven was self-financed). I know because... well, because that's me on the lower left.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
There's something wrong here... I'm not exactly sure on which album Olmos was released, but the band picture is from the inlay of the Fear Dark remaster of Ven, done right after they got their first cd contract (the old version of Ven was self-financed). I know because... well, because that's me on the lower left.

You photobomb everything, right?

I can't check on my smartphone anymore, damn SDCard support of Androids... According to Wikipedia it was on "Evocation I" first, not on the reissue of "Ven" and "Spirit" as "The Early Years"

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You photobomb everything, right?

I had to look up what that even means... :lol:

The reason I'm on that pic is really just because I was the closest thing to a fixed drummer they had at the time, and they needed new image material for the re-release of Ven. You don't hear me playing on the cd though, because they didn't re-record anything. The only recorded material of eluveitie I've participated in is their contribution to the Falkenbach Tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8sfSG_xJc&safe=active

According to Wikipedia it was on "Evocation I" first, not on the reissue of "Ven"

Oh, I know for sure that it wasn't on Ven. Somebody just took a way too old band photo as youtube backdrop.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The reason I'm on that pic is really just because I was the closest thing to a fixed drummer they had at the time, and they needed new image material for the re-release of Ven. You don't hear me playing on the cd though, because they didn't re-record anything. The only recorded material of eluveitie I've participated in is their contribution to the Falkenbach Tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8sfSG_xJc&safe=active

So you are the mysterious Beni who played drums for Eluveitie in 2004, between Dario and Merlin?

(What a long list of former band members... and you think Black Sabbath had a turbulent history)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What a long list of former band members... and you think Black Sabbath had a turbulent history

Not so much turbulent as it is normal for a band that started as a studio project driven by a single visionary. Most of the people that participated on Ven never had plans to stick around for more than that. Also most of them had their own bands which they didn't want to give up and left as soon as the serious tour planning started. And Chrigel needed a bit of time to find the right size for the band.
As for me, I was really just a session drummer who happened to be with them at a time they had to take pictures... I thought about staying with them, but the future had other plans.

So you are the mysterious Beni who played drums for Eluveitie in 2004, between Dario and Merlin?

Woe is me, for I am undone! :lol:

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So we have a former Eluveite drummer here? Cool!

While in Talllinn, I bought Estonian metal CD:

E

ex-orbinaut

I was enjoying some of those Dethlok animated videos jedidia posted. It reminded me, there was one animated video I really liked by Pearl Jam...

However, the magnate's son swapping sides always bugged me a bit...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Friday the 13th, time to celebrate 45 years of metal!

On this day in 1970 the album Black Sabbath was released. I think I started a thread about this 5 years ago...might look it up...but for now, switch on your lava lamp and turn it up loud!

In addition to being a killer album, the album art is among the most metal album art ever.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New Nightwish single

The single has a bonus track titled Sagan, and yes, it's about Carl Sagan:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-qQRLjEJM"]Nightwish - Sagan NEW SONG 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

Make me wonder
Make me understand
Spark the light of doubt and a newborn mind
Bring the vast unthinkable down to Earth

Always wary of a captive thought
Beware the very first unkind word
See who you are, where from, what of
Entering the unknown

Sending all the poets to the stars
Daring to see beyond the manmade
Woe to you who evade the horizon
Listening to Sagan
Dreaming Carl Sagan
Unseen streams
With understanding no poet is trapped
Woe to all who stop at the horizon

What kind of world would we call home
Our own
Oasis of love, humility and hope
Eradicating all that's not for life

What kind of aim would we call high
What kind of life would bath in the brightest white
A limitless world will arise
Son of man, dare to let go of the cowardice

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

To put it mildly, I'm underwhelmed... Given the capabilities of the current line-up, this is like using XR2 to taxi around the airport.

Last edited: