What music are you listening to?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Been on a Bad Religion kick lately, in particular No Control and True North. However, tonight I've been relistening to Sabaton's Swedish version of their Carolus Rex album:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
LOL reminds me of Limp Bizkit...I'm pretty happt we have passed that era of music, although the current mainstream is pretty bland.

Well, it isn't THAT bad. :lol: Especially since the album had been from 1995, some years before Limp Bizkit appeared on the radar (debut in 1997). And since this isn't Nu Metal... which is 99% really bad, aside of a few tracks from Korn. :thumbup:

E

ex-orbinaut

Diving deep in nostalgia....

..clip..

When I was young...

Well, if the most nostalgic tune for me is the one which, as far back as I can remember, was the first song I recognized on hearing it again, liked, and which now upon hearing it evokes memories of a different time and place, that somewhat insignificant accolade of mine would have to be awarded to Dionne Warwick...

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I went to a tavern in the DC area last night and when I walked in this girl was singing/playing. Using looper pedals she beatboxes, raps, sings, and plays guitar and is virtually a one-woman band with an amazing voice. I will definitely be looking out for her in the future.

Angie Head is her name:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Guy I was in the same class with through kindergarten and primary school (also my sister's ex boyfriend) with his band have recorded this: (lyrics in Polish)

He's playing lead guitar (this guy in cap)

Last edited:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Somehow this fact slipped under my radar: Sleep actually released a new song after over 15 years. One of the greatest doom metal bands ever, albiet with a different drummer.

steph

Reaction score
Saw an awesome music video in a pub last night, and now I can't find it on youtube. It was a live performance, from the '70s or '80s by the looks of it , and it featured what I'm quite sure was a much younger Sting (before he lost his hair, anyway) doing a fantastic keyboard or synth solo (deep purple-ish sound) with full guitar backing, which left me :jawdrops:
The lyrics had something to do with forever, aaand I forgot to ask the bartender what song it was since I was quite sure I'd be able to find it on the net myself...:facepalm:

steph

Reaction score
After the sixth minute, the madness begins. Heard about Yes before, but only now do I realize how kick-ass they were. Prog-rock geniuses , there's no other way to put it. Up there with Rush, Dream Theater and so on.

Jameson

Reaction score
I am on a roll with Two Steps From Hell and Immediate Music. Lame? Perhaps. But I really love it.

steph

Reaction score
I kinda like this whole new-retro-wave stuff, especially since I grew up on late '80's and 90's music and sci-fi. Some of the songs and videos are cheesier than french cheese though.

E

ex-orbinaut

Have been listening to this band recently, and catching up on what I have missed of theirs. They have been around for years, and quite a recent little story of recovery...

BTW. Not to be confused with the Turkish band of the same name (Mezarkabul)!

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Currently in my playlists are:

Proyecto 1
U2
Alejandro Sanz
Powerman 5000

Just wondering what people listen to.

If you look at MY playlist..........
-ERROR 404