Question What kind of car do you drive or wish to own?

HarvesteR

Reaction score
I got a Pontiac G3 here, 2008 model.

It's pretty ok I think, although lately the ABS brakes have been bugging out on me... I took it to the shop to get it fixed, and the problem is still there...

Fortunately there is a 60-day warranty on shop repairs, but it still means I have to be vehicleless for several days. :(

Oh well...

Cheers

Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
Since earlier this year I have a Black Mica 2003 Mazda Protege5. It's actually my first car :)
Waited as long as I could before getting my own car, cause in The Netherlands it's relatively expensive; taxes and high gas price (each tank currently costs around 85 euro, $105).

As I could usually borrow a car of my parents, I postponed all car stuff for a while. But having a tech startup company I needed it more. Was looking for a Mazda as we're kinda into them, my parents usually had one and my brother has a Mazda 6 and an MX-3.

So far it looks like this Protege 5 was a good choise for me, really like it; fun to drive and I can tow a glider (sailplane) trailer with it, which was important to me ;). Also not having a newer car for now, enables me to invest in other stuff than cars :)

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
We've got a 2011 Ford Ka 1.2, the second generation model which basically is a Fiat 500, and a 2012 Ford Focus with the 1 liter turbocharged petrol engine.

Previously we had a 1996 Ford Ka, and a 2001 (2002 model year) Ford Focus.

Sunhillow

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
After my Ford Focus 1.8 Diesel (built 2000) became one big electrical problem over the years now I drive an Opel Astra 1.7 Diesel. And I really hope GM will stop putting spokes into their wheel like selling asian made Chevrolet all over Europe while interdicting Opel/Vauxhall to sell cars outside Europe

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
a Pickup truck sometimes, helping my parents at the shop. Although I get to drive the family's car, a Toyota Innova just for training under my pop when I'm having holidays.

icedown

Reaction score
I drive a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. I haven't owned anything but trucks. Cars just don't hold up where I live, plus I constantly have to haul and pull stuff.

sorindafabico

Reaction score
In my opinion, cars are overpriced in Brazil, so I have a motorcycle: the Yamaha YS 250 Fazer (YBR 250 in Europe). Cheaper than a car and more fun to ride.

3532297_1.jpg

Not that motorcycles aren't overpriced here, but their prices are more affordable.

N757QQ

Quirky Quark
Donator
Reaction score
I drive a 2004 Jeep Wrangler that has not one stock part on the suspension. New axles, gears, everything. I built it myself, learning as I went, and have a blast going rock crawling with it.

I also have a 2008 CBR600RR that is still street legal, but modified heavily for racing road courses. I very rarely ride it on the road, because it is geared for more acceleration on the low end, and a bit rough on gas if I get on the interstate, which is a must since I live in a rural area.

My other ride is a 2006 Jeep Wrangler with no mods for getting to & from work.

I would never trade my jeeps for anything. They can go anywhere, anytime. Well, I would, but I would just trade back up for more jeeps.

Kevon Daye

Smoking Crater
Reaction score
A red 2002 Chysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition. Only had it about three weeks. The suspension is a little stiff but I can overlook that on account of how awsome this car is. I mean the dash paneling maches the exterior color for pete's sake.

Proximus

Reaction score
What car do you drive or wish to own.

Just curious what the OF likes in a car?

Currently drive : Honda CRZ
Would love a : Audi R8

:cheers:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Drives: Hyundai Elantra
Wants to drive : Aston-Martin DBS but not sure if I'd want it as a daily driver... :hmm:

Proximus

Reaction score
I do love an Aston, not sure if the DBS comes with a defibrillator as standard though :hmm: