Question What kind of car do you drive or wish to own?

Unstung

Reaction score
trek_7100_lg.jpg

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/bike_path/hybrid/7100/
Somebody had to do it, right?

Vanguard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just picked up a BMW 335i. Their first twin turbo in quite some time... had a few probs , bad ECU and fuel injector went in the first 2 months of owning it but nothing since then (fingers crossed). Loving the car, but BMW's service is nothing what you'd expect... shoulda bought a Lexus =)

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
The best car of that era was IMHO the Lamborghini Countach...

Lamborghini_Countach.png

If you ever wondered where Lucas got the inspiration for the Star Destroyer...

That was my dream car (in black) as a teenager...

I managed to get my license (by 1 point!) in 1990 but lost my nerve and never drove again. (I suppose I will have to try again one day, but learning to drive as an adult is daunting.) Don't own a car (could not afford one). I really think Melbourne has the world's worst drivers (rude and aggressive)! I loathe, despise and HATE SUV's/4WD's with a passion (they turn drivers into arrogant bullies) - there is a plague of the abominations on the roads now.

flying coffin

Reaction score
I loathe, despise and HATE SUV's/4WD's with a passion (they turn drivers into arrogant bullies)

They're the only way you can get to see beautiful homes like this

Attachments

• IMG_5811.JPG
    IMG_5811.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 18

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Let me limit the SUV-phobia to my own vision of hate : A SUV, like a VW Tuareg or Audi Q7, driven by a male tie-suffocating manager phenotype, who looks around nervously in his car like a hunted animal, despite sitting in the best battleship bridge on the highway. you know, this kind of seat, where you should have automatically a satisfied smile, looking down at these slow compact cars that you will one day crush below your huge tires, if you just want to, while listening to Beethoven.

And who also has to drive close to your from behind in a highway crossing, despite his car being already on the edge of the physically possible in such a curve.

I like SUVs, when I don't see them on the road - and sadly, most SUVs and their drivers are exactly like the SUVs in the Pixar movie Cars.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I don't mind SUVs, but I happen to live in a small town where lifted trucks are commonplace- they're ugly, obnoxious, and look like if they were in an accident, all the people in the "losing" car would be instantly killed. I can't say that the drivers of them are any better, unfortunately.

flying coffin

Reaction score
Beemers and Mercedes are the ones I hate. I always see them parked next
to a red curb labeled "NO PARKING FIRE LANE" I don't think people that
drive these things can read.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
2004 Chevy Cavalier, 4 dr, Silver, 2.3L 4 cyl., 80k miles, 30-35 MPG average, 35-38 MPG at interstate speeds (70 mph plus).

I traded my Cavalier in 3 weeks ago for a 2003 Ford Mustang, 3.8L V6, auto, 60k miles. Getting 25-28 MPG average. Haven't had her out on the interstate yet to check the mileage at speed.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 6

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hope this counts, I don't drive but,

my Dad drives a Ford, Crown Victoria LX

and my Mom drive a Dodge, Grand Caravan

Mantis

Reaction score
I drive a 2004 GMC Envoy with a 4.7l i6 engine. Before all you SUV haters jump on me....I have a good reason for driving an SUV - I use it for hunting/fishing in some really remote/off road sites around the province of Ontario.;) I do drive it as my every day vehicle as well but I bought it with recreation in mind.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
space_shuttle_13.jpg

1992 Space Shuttle Endeavour.
37,000,000 horsepower, does 0 to 17,500 MPH in 8.5 minutes!
Getting a parking space can be a pain though!

(Come on, someone was going to post that eventually, so it might as well be me!) :rofl:

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice one Pete! :rofl:

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar LX 3.8L. Purple.
It looks like crap but I can outrun most decent cars without breaking a sweat. :hotcool: