What is the most crappy scifi ever?

Dambuster

Reaction score
Another crappy sci-fi I saw is the new Avatar. I thought it was so boring that I left the theater after 2 hours. My dad and 2 sisters stayed for the remaining hour. I also didn't like how they portrayed the military as barbaric murders. Especially when you have military personel away from their families on Christmas.

I understand what you're saying, but strongly disagree with it as well. The film doesn't portray the military as murderers, rather it's showing humanity as a whole (which includes the military/the marines) as being obsessed with money/wealth (which many people are), and as being xenophobic and abusive to aliens who oppose their will (which is basically correct, too).

This is actually quite an interesting film, because it mirrors many things which have happened recently - torture of foreigners at Abu Ghraib in Baghdad, the massacre at My Lai in Vietnam, the Holocaust in WWII, the Israeli blockade of Palestine - all these things (and many, many others which I can't recall at the moment) are effectively parallels to some of the events which you see in Avatar.

Additionally, if I remember correctly, the military was mostly just following their orders, which unfortunately came from a psychopathic commander :p

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
Another crappy sci-fi I saw is the new Avatar. I thought it was so boring that I left the theater after 2 hours. My dad and 2 sisters stayed for the remaining hour. I also didn't like how they portrayed the military as barbaric murders. Especially when you have military personel away from their families on Christmas.

The soldiers in the movie were mercenaries, employed by the RDA - not government military.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Regardless, they were American soldiers coming in to carry out a 9/11 style attack. That's mainly why I hated the movie.

E

ex-orbinaut

I have not read all the posts in detail yet, but is "Robinson Crusoe on Mars", from 1964, here already? Saw about 90% of it the other day. It was pretty laughable...