Going cold turkey

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Alcohol can cause a lot of stomach and digestive problems. You should not be drinking more than 4 standard drinks per day and that is at the high end, which equals 1/2 bottle of wine or around 3 full strength beers.

If you can't limit your drinking, then you should give it up. I know it is hard to limit yourself because after you have a few, you feel like more, but if you regularly drink more than a few (which sounds like nearly every time), then I don't see any other option.

Col_Klonk

Reaction score
The problem might be the social aspect (good friends good times and lots of drinking) plus a few stress factors, work or studying if you're a student.

This can catch you very suddenly and you 'panic', putting you in a catch-22. (= panic attack)

In the Air Force.. we could drink a lot.. actually too much for what we were doing :lol:, being young and fit you could hide it - but the problem was that I was friends with a potential alcoholic.. so we all drank. I took a decision to distance myself from this guy.. and my consumption went down drastically, and I immediately felt better - I never stopped, but knew that everything should be in moderation.

0% or 100% is not that good as you can swing wildly from one extreme to the other. Just moderate the intake - Once you say no after 3 or 4 beers it only gets easier. Also don't stock your fridge full of booze.. only when you feel like a beer go buy a pack, or have a few at the pub - very soon you be forgetting to drink alcohol.

Alcohol drains your body of water at an accelerated rate, and this can introduce many other complications. Drink at at least 1to 2 litres of water a day and eat healthy foods (vegetables.. etc) reducing processed food intake (macdonalds ,burgerking) = Works wonders and it's cheaper.
:)

Last edited:

llarian

Reaction score
Chest pain = GO SEE A DOCTOR

Somebody told me that married men live longer because their wives make them go to the doctor. If you're not married then you have to motivate yourself.

Married men don't live longer. It just SEEEms longer! :rofl:

Seriously man, take the advice. Get a checkup. It is probably normal but why take the chance on letting something serious get worse because you didn't catch it in time.

My family has had addiction problems of all sorts. Back in Uni, I found myself on the edge of the abyss in an alcoholic fog. Unlike many of my friends, I backed away from the abyss and have not taken a drink of alcohol since, though I do cook with it.

An uncle of mine who is a high barreled business man had similar symptoms. In his case it turned out to be pancreatitis. At least it had not developed into pancreatic cancer which is one mean form of the disease. He had to give up alcohol altogether. Today, because they caught the problem in time, and he made the necessary changes, he is alive and living well.

Col_Klonk

Reaction score
Married men don't live longer. It just SEEEms longer! :rofl:
Tell me about it... :lol:
Yesterday.. I had this hot chick next to me and we partied till dawn... wham...!!
Now it's 34 years later.. 2 grown up kids and WTF happened we say ???
Oh! yes.. we got married.. had kids and every else is a blur!
The mother is still hot... :thumbup:

I need a drink - where's my glass of wine :cheers:
:rofl:

Last edited: