Question What did you get for Christmas?

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi there! Since Christmas has passed and everyone has opened their presents, I thought of starting a "What did you get for Christmas?" thread.
I'll start off:

For Christmas, I got:

• two new T-shirts
  • a new winter jacket
  • a 640GB external hard drive (since my computer has crashed 4 TIMES!!! and each time we lost our files, I now have a backup disc)
  • and the best thing I got this year (2008) a Nintendo Wii!!!
Now, what did you get for Christmas?

Oh, also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! and... Hail Probe!!!:lol::p

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Chistmas:
  • XBOX 360
  • 2nd XBOX controller
  • 007: Quantum of Solace (game)
  • Ace Combat 6
  • Assassin's Creed (bought it myself)
  • Simple light wood plane (balsa?)
  • Nunchucks!!!
Birthday(nearly same date):
  • WowWee Bladestar
  • YoYo
  • Flying ring (Not sure what it's called. Flies better than a frisbee)
  • Baseballs and mitt
  • Marbles
  • Pente
Can't think of other things I might have gotten. And I probably mixed up some things between birthday and Christmas.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
37" 1080p Samsung HDTV. :speakcool:

(OK, I had to purchase it for myself, so things will be tight financially for a while. Wifey allowed me to buy it. She'd had enough of my whining :lol: )

Mafuskas

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
A featherbed. Now I don't feel so much like I'm sleeping on a prison-level-comfort mattress. :lol:

Also, new boxers.

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I got:

• an electronic practice chanter so I can practice playing the bagpipes at work.
  • an adapter for attaching a Canon Rebel XS (which my sister got, but I'll be using as well) to my telescope (a Meade 10" LX200).
  • a couple of computer games
  • a scarf with my clan's tartan on it
  • various other odds and ends

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I got:
Driving gloves
A new headset
A wrestling Kneepad
A thingamajig that my dad made me
And...i cant remember what else.

^_^

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A few books on astrodynamics and a nice blanket to keep me from freezing at home. :)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Let's see...

-The equivalent of €200 in cash
-A 4Gb SDHC card for my smartphone
-A Victorinox knife
-Replacement batteries and cleaning kit for my Casio watch
-A yearly subscription to the my university's physics journal
-The obligatory Serbian flag and bible from the local church who consider me their member for life because my great-grandparents insisted I be christened at birth - which was the only occasion I was inside the said church.

And, I should note, those were actually new year's presents, since Orthodox Christmas is on the 7th January - although I don't expect as much presents on that occasion, since hardly anyone I know actually celebrates it.

flytandem

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
www.flytandem.com
3 feet of snow and a pair of snowshoes. a 22 lb turkey and a huge appetite. a day to socialize and lots of friends to be around. a cup that has completely overflowed.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Birthday(nearly same date):

You too?

Anyways, the Christmas present I most enjoyed was a book of Dilbert cartoons. Otherwise, my presents weren't too exciting just because I didn't know what to ask for and so everybody was just guessing in the dark.

Though we did get one thing that I was quite happy to get, even though it wasn't really a Christmas present and didn't arrive on Christmas: A new computer that performs much better than our other one, which is pushing 7 and a half years old.

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Got a great Night Vision binocular as an early present. It's that green vision you would typically see on TV from cameras with that ability. Very nice peice of equipment for use at night. Look forward to going out to an area suited for it.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Otherwise, my presents weren't too exciting just because I didn't know what to ask for and so everybody was just guessing in the dark.

Get with the times: Amazon wish list! Since I started using it and giving the link to my family (who insist on buying me stuff even though I have been trying to quite Christmas for years) I rarely get stuff I don't want anymore. Load it up with a bunch of stuff so you will still be surprised. It's like your own personal gift registry. I keep trying to get the rest of my family to use it so I can shop for them easier.

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I got:
A thingamajig that my dad made me
^_^

What thingamajig? Do tell!

Get with the times: Amazon wish list! Since I started using it and giving the link to my family (who insist on buying me stuff even though I have been trying to quite Christmas for years) I rarely get stuff I don't want anymore. Load it up with a bunch of stuff so you will still be surprised. It's like your own personal gift registry. I keep trying to get the rest of my family to use it so I can shop for them easier.

Hear him. Amazon wish lists have saved my bacon over and over again. And will continue to do so. :cheers:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
37" 1080p Samsung HDTV. :speakcool:

(OK, I had to purchase it for myself, so things will be tight financially for a while. Wifey allowed me to buy it. She'd had enough of my whining :lol: )

We got a 52" HD plasma TV a while ago, but my family just got a blue-ray player for Christmas. :speakcool: