OHM Vostok

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
O, great to know, thanks!

Unfortunately, with some "dirty tricks" in the code, it is really, really hard to make addon "friendly" with all numerous addons out there. It is also hard to tell sometimes which exactly become incompatible. So clean install is still the best troubleshooting tip I can suggest. Luckily, it is not too involving...

And the framerate with Vzor... it indeed is divided between the Vzor and the cockpit itself, so visible framerate will always be smaller than the reported one. In most cases the reduction is not that visible, not even evident to the eye... But probably sometimes it is.

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How did you arrive at this conclusion?
  1. Install Vostok on a Clean Orbiter Distro
  2. Check... it flies perfectly :p
  3. Install Spacecraft3 and Multistage 2
  4. Check... it flies perfectly :p :p
  5. Install Deltaglider 4.2
  6. Check... Vostok Still flies perfectly :p :p :p
  7. Install UCGO for opening an scenario with Orbiter-City
  8. OH dear... The computer freezes again! :(
  9. What's the last add-on installed before your computer puke? UCGO :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What about Orbiter City itself?

EDIT: I have Vostok and UCGO and have had no probs thus far. ymmv

Last edited:

Istochnikov

Addon Developer
Reaction score
What about Orbiter City itself?

EDIT: I have Vostok and UCGO and have had no probs thus far. ymmv

Orbiter city isn't the cause... with or without it, the computer crashes. But, if you have UCGO and Vostok, it should be a problem on my computer.

As i had to format the computer, and the problen still happens, i think the problem could be on hardware. And OH SURPRISE!!! Orbiter collapses when the graphic card's driver puke...

Well, note for me: go buy 2 ATi 6770 and 1 nVidia GTX 5XX, install'em on both computers and stop to say obscenities at the forums :p

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
I may be a little late to the party but... Wow. I just downloaded this and had a go. Simply wow. Its the first Add-on that I have tried that tries to convey the experience of the Cosmonaut to the Orbinaut! Its just very well made, and I love the fact that I have to learn a little Russian to operate it, its how it should be and it adds a little extra challenge to working around the systems!

Voskhod next? :)

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
So its been nearly 3 months, anyone going to spill the beans on what those remaining Easter Eggs are? It is Easter and ot is 50 Years after Vostok-1 after all! :)

Last edited:

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I might spill some... but just a little later. Just too busy right now - I'll be demoing this addon in the Yuri's Night event, lot of fun, but takes a while to get ready...

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Here is a picture from the demo of the Vostok addon that I ran yesterday in the Yuri's Night celebration in Rothney Astrophysical Observatory, here in Calgary, to a very attentive and well-responding audience:

2011-04-09%2019;17;56.jpg

More photos from the event here: http://www.pin-plus.ca/pha/in.php?my_dir=Yuri_Night_2011

Happy to report that the demo was a true highlight of the Night :). And what a great exposure for the Orbiter!

diogom

Reaction score
That's great. Not only a good celebration of Yuri's flight, but also a nice way to promote Orbiter.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Excellent. Orbiter is indeed a nice tool for education ; or showing an historical launch from camera angles that were never seen. :thumbup:

Ross

Reaction score
That is a really cool picture. Makes me feel all good inside :)

ataribaby

Reaction score
Congrats for excelent demo Igel. And now tell us all easter eggs! Easter is near anyway here!! :cheers: I even tried land in USA :)

Btw i think two dll files you left in package by accident as both seems to be unused by addon.

Modules/r7_BlockD_V.dll
Modules/r7_launchpad_V.dll

i was first confused there is not source for them and later discovered both look like leftovers.

Istochnikov

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did somebody make a video-tribute for Gagarin using this beauty of add-on? I know the ideal song for this: Voices of Authority by Christopher Franke :p

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I just got link with more great photos from yesterday's Yuri's Night event!

5607282806_f1372bea16_z.jpg

The link is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyacalgary. I am so excited with the opportunity to promote this great Sim! Actually, I with the link I got an email encouraging to spread and re-post these photos!

---------- Post added 04-11-11 at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-10-11 at 10:20 PM ----------

...and if someone had not yet noticed the fantastic video by rseferino in the video thread - here is the direct link:

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!! This is the absolutely best present our team could get for the Great Anniversary!

Interceptor

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you for this well thought out,and awesome addon.:tiphat:

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Happy International First Man in Space Day, and Cosmonautics Day for our Russian friends! поехали