OHM Vostok

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This would be the only addon for me but i get about 2 fps so i might not use it so much but it's defiantly a good addon.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have sorted it - I have done a new install of orbiter 2010 and just for this Vostok Addon. - this work of art so warrants it, and it now works fine!
Its simply breathtaking and cannot praise the authors enough
THANKYOU

And from the man himself, no less. :lol:

You can't expect more than that! Great work. :thumbup:

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Uf-f-fff! Great to know it is sorted out! Looks like crossed paths with some other addon again... But the clean install still works so far, much relief!

Puma

Reaction score
Very realistic and accurate, love to simulate the space missions as astronaut (first person view)...it let you feel the same experience as Yuri Gagarin. from land to aboard the rocket...to control every panel button...congratulations!!
that`s the way that any manned mission ad don in Orbiter should be...we`d love to see more like this!!!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just gave it a try tonight. It's incredibly well-done addon! Unfortunately, it's too well-done for my poor computer. Try as I might, the framerate is so low that launch is impossible. Guidance can only update once or twice per second, so it quickly enters a catastrophic tumble. Still, the manual at least is nice reading material... :rolleyes:

Congratulations on releasing this fantastic piece of work. :tiphat:

diogom

Reaction score
I 100% agree with Puma.
BTW, where did you guys get the launch sounds? I'm helping with developing the Soyuz 7k and some sounds would be nice for it, but they're almost impossible to find.

Columbia42

Reaction score
I'm really speechless. This is the best historical spaceship addon ever done and it has totally changed my view of what's possible in an Orbiter addon. It has set a new benchmark for historical addons and I can't thank the authors enough.

ataribaby

Reaction score
Great addon, reminds me older Mercury addon in terms of fidelity. Virtual cockpit is great. Only what is code to unlock controls for Gagarin flight? I tried ### and ### as i found this two on internet. Neither works.

Last edited:

ataribaby

Reaction score
Answer will kill the interest ;) Keep searching.

Ahh right! I wont spoil fun. I edited my post and removed code guesses :) Btw first code works. Dunno what i made bad it wasnt accepted. I finaly landed Mr. Gagarin on manual control. Way of to East North USSR region. At least on ground. It was fun to get craft to correct attitude cos latancy in RCS control. If it was really like thay hats off to astronauts. I overshooted my planed manual landing spot by big margin cos of it. Globe landing site prediction is pretty accurate. Excelent addon! :cheers:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
I haven't noticed anything bad over the gameplay session with this great addon. I got two complete hanging when in virtual cockpit view, requiring me to press reset, but I'm not sure my video card + motherboard + CPU aren't to blame.

I have noticed few things in the orbiter.log, though:

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: oapiGetAtmPressureDensity
At least one active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
future versions of Orbiter.
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: r7_V\TrenchFlame.dds
>>> [TextureManager::AcquireTexture | .\Texture.cpp | 750]

and in orbitersound_log.txt:

Code:
LoadWave->unable to find wave: Sound\r7_V\NONE.wav  DX Code: E_FAIL
Vessel sound FAILED TO LOAD WAV missing wav file ?-> Sound\r7_VL\Clang.wav  DX Code: E_FAIL

Hope it helps to spot something.

И - спасибо, какой крутейший аддон, мужики! :cheers:

P.S. Did anybody try to look above the main capsule's controls when roaming an orbit? ;) And use your mouse... :lol:

Last edited:

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
P.S. Did anybody try to look above the main capsule's controls when roaming an orbit? ;) And use your mouse... :lol:

I did notice that! You can click on it too, like a cat with a ball of yarn... :p

Also, you maybe installed incorrectly. Try again...

Last edited:

Kalman

Reaction score
@SiberianTiger - I have found in mine logs the same messages as you did, but I completed my flight succesfully. Maybe something is lack in our Orbiter installations? Nevertheless is an outstanding addon :) Thank You Igel and other people supporting this!!!

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I don't get what you are talking about, can you explain this please?

No, this will not be explained. Find it our yourself. :lol:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
No, this will not be explained. Find it our yourself. :lol:

It is ok, i get this now :lol:. You are right, it is like a cat with a ball of yarn :lol:.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
What i don't get is, is how is the floating....toy coded/handled/implemented? It's fun to play with.

Last edited:

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
It was a lot of fun to build as well :). But for the coding... Yes, there are lots of tricks inside to make things work the way we want. And no matter how good it seems - we are still quite far from where we want it to be. This was a "one-year effort" - but it was a year on top of another three or four yeas of the previous development that formed the base... So, we really have to look at ways to build up and rework the libraries and APIs to speed up further development!

ataribaby

Reaction score
Hi Igel. I got feel manual RCS is too sluggish. it nearly impossible to get into desired attitude with big and offten overshoots on kill rotation. In docs there is it is about 1 sec. i got feel timer for detect control changes are about 2.5sec. In source codei found neutral timer uses constant 2.5. I tried change to 1.0 and i got a lot better RCS. Still sluggish but now more useable. Do you know if its intentiional or just bug or overlook in constant value cos it even match 1 sec delay mentioned in docs as i said ists about 2.5 second. So even you make shortest possible burst braking get activated after long 2.5s period and you get big overshoot. maybe it was that bad, dunno, It was first capsule, just wondering it didnt match your docs.