OHM Vostok

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I guess I don't have to tell you, but this addon is INCREDIBLE. This is unlike anything else I've seen for Orbiter. The quality is top-notch, it works like a charm, and even the documentation is good enough to get me up and running in no time. Love the entire thing and wouldn't change anything.

Like it so much that I went and searched out your other addons =P

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
Thank you very much for the kind words! Yes, even now, more than one year from the release, I still feel a lot of satisfaction with this work, with all its aspects. Including the technical quality. Even though there are some "inefficiencies" under the hood, they don't show up in the presentation level, which is all it matters, after all :). And by spending zero hours on technical support (because none was needed), my communication with the other Orbiter fans went into for more pleasant reasons than fixing bugs :).

I am now actively working on another Orbiter project, closely related to my previous addons. But this project is a longer one, at least longer than my usual yearly development cycle...

theshhh

2 year orbiter player
Reaction score
I think this works with orbiter 210 p1 to let people know, and btw, great mod! uhm, i played with it last year! :p
I think this is the good vostok i found.
:salute:

romanasul

Reaction score
Anybody know if it works with DirectX9? For me it crashes every time around the same spot, 20-30 seconds after Vostok separation.

SCEtoAUX

Reaction score
Somebody know the fonction of the Auto-Radio on the left panel in a reel vostok capsule ???

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
It was not "Auto-Radio" - all radio functions were fully manual. They are actually briefly documented in the addon document. Many functions, like transmission and recording, are not applicable to simulation (without implementing a multi-user mode with manned ground stations :) ) For receiving component I tried to keep things as realistic as possible while being a little entertaining :). Finally, I made sure that using every switch on the panel, even "non-applicable", like switching between microphones, will still produce at least some noticeable effect (microphones, for example, affect radio receiving quality).

SCEtoAUX

Reaction score
Oh, i was talking of the automobile-type radio located on the right side panel.

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I see :). This is exactly what it looks like - an HF/VHF automobile radio :). Probably slightly modified for space flight. Not sure if is is a separate backup system, or if it is hooked to the HF/VHF controls on the big left console. We were hoping to make it "active and operational" in the addon (along with the clock next to it), but ran out of development time...

igel

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.pin-plus.ca
I am afraid, not anytime soon. I am reviewing my addons now, and most of them rely on the Historical Spaceports addon (and those who do not rely on it yet, like Vostok, should be relying on it in any new version).

Well... Historical Spaceports is a surface bases addon... and surface bases had underwent such a huge redo in 2016, that it will take a lot of time and effort to just learn all this new stuff (let alone to practically convert the addon). A steep learning curve, very little documentation, total lack of practical tools or step-by-steps. So, it'll take time (and a lot of it, I am afraid...)

reymiz

Reaction score
titan

Hi I'm having a problem. The rocket is not getting up