Gaming Video games you want to see turned into movies

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Max Payne did it. :p

Half-Life would be cool... but I don't know how they'd do it since Gordon Freeman doesn't talk.

On the contrary:

Do not watch if you are offended by occasional swearing. ;)

The Aviator

Reaction score
Well, they did it already, but it would be very nice to make another (and this time good) movie about "Wing Commander" saga, expecially the Kilrathi wars. I think it could be epic!

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hummmmm.... I can think of a few.... For the old timers out there...

DIG (It was an excellent game with a very good story line)
Star Control (This would be a good series movie)

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I would like to see the X-box game "Quantum Redshift" turned into a movie; think "Speed Racer" with hovercraft, legal street circuits, speeds in excess of 900 KM/H (That's just around the hairpins! Top speed: 1,600+ KM/H) and even more legal weapons. That would be cool

Neah... Not fast enough. I want to see a racing movie that actually involves speeds great enough for actual redshift.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dune 2: Battle for Arrakas.

Complete with multiple endings for the Emperor, depending on which house wins the war.

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Neah... Not fast enough. I want to see a racing movie that actually involves speeds great enough for actual redshift.
It was the closest example I could think of! but yes; a movie showing those speeds would be nice (and the reality may be closer than you think; check this out: http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/)

Seriously, I would like to see Banjo Kazooie and Sonic the Hedgehog...
um... I dunno weather to laugh or freak out here... :baaaa:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, we have a book, turned into a movie, turned into an Orbiter addon, turned back into a movie.

Then the movie is so good someone writes a novelization. It has come full circle!

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
Either of the first two X-Com games, UFO Defence or Terror From The Deep. You'd probably be able to do more with Terror, now that I think about it, and it would cut away from the mould more - after all, how many war or alien movies are underwater?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would personally like to get Secret of Monkey Island as movie.

There was a ripp-of movie of that lately, it was called "pirates of the carebean" or something... :lol:

If you like to let a movie play inside a universe of a game, I would personally prefer Syndicate or UFO:Enemy Unknown.

There was a rip-off of Ufo:enemy unknown too, was called "independance day" if I'm not wrong...

But anyways, when I read the tread-title there were two things shooting in my mind. First was "X-Com" too, probably because I'm currently replaying tftd like mad, the other one was Dreamfall: the longest journey, because the story is ingenious but the gameplay sucks... they should have made a movie or a novel out of it in the first place.

I saw Star Control mentioned somewhere... that's a great Idea. more for a series than a movie, it would beat the crap out of Farscape and BG!

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What I'd like to see is a space movie, like Star Wars that actually obeys physics and the norms of spaceflight. I think it could provide a new experiance for audiances.

Sorry for going off topic...

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I think Bioshock would make a good film too. I'm sorry, I can't think of anything other than 1st person shooter games

-----Post Added-----

What I'd like to see is a space movie, like Star Wars that actually obeys physics and the norms of spaceflight. I think it could provide a new experiance for audiances.

Sorry for going off topic...
I reccomend watching Firefly. It's the only si-fi series I've ever seen with the scilence of space. There's a movie too, Serenity.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I reccomend watching Firefly. It's the only si-fi series I've ever seen with the scilence of space. There's a movie too, Serenity.

Watch Babylon 5. The only truely unrealistic part of it had been the hyperspace feature.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Watch Babylon 5. The only truely unrealistic part of it had been the hyperspace feature.
The aliens that looked exactly like humans with bad face paint weren't unrealistic?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The aliens that looked exactly like humans with bad face paint weren't unrealistic?

As far as we have still not found any alien yet: Yes. We lack clear evidence to say how Aliens should look like and how they should not look like. :p