Project Updated SLS for Orbiter 2016 (and 2010)

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
How is it working without the TIP values?

SEQ=0
TIP_1=(0,2.65,3.4)
TIP_2=(0,2.65,-3.4)
TIP_3=(0,2.85,3.4)

Edit
Disregard. forgot you can animate attached meshes without the rms.

Don't know if its releavent.
Just for curiosity, put Sc3 and Woomera 6B into Orbiter 2016. Base is a mess, as I'd expect, but the Handling Dollie that has the Handling Frame and BlueStreak_F2 attached starts sliding
all over the place. New version surface levels and friction differences I suppose?

N.

N.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I saw that and added it but not change:
Code:
[PARENT_ATTACH_0]
NAME="rms"
POS=(0,6.27,0)
DIR=(0,-1,0)
ROT=(0,0,-1)
LOOSE=0
RANGE=50.
ID="GS"

[ROBOTIC_ARM]
JOINT_0_NAME="PADTOP"
JOINT_0_SEQ=0
JOINT_0_RANGE=(0,1)
GRAP_SEQ=0
GRAP_ATTACH=0

[ANIM_SEQ_0]
INIT_POS=0.0
DURATION=90.

; PADTOP
[ANIM_COMP_0]
SEQ=0
RANGE=(0,1)
GROUPS=10
TYPE=TRANSLATE
SHIFT(0,4,0)
TIP_1=(0,6.27,0)
TIP_2=(0,-5.27,0)
TIP_3=(0,6.27,-1)

Longjap

Reaction score
Updated zip, you need spacecraft4 to make use of the cubesats:
http://francophone.dansteph.com/?page=addon&id=202&language=english

- Added details to ICPS. Including dispensers for cubesats.
- Corrected the core stage thrust KNvac. It was set in sealevel.
- Set the orbit insertion to 185km / 1850km. I've read the EM1 orbit insertion will 40km periapsis and 1850km apoapsis, but I've no idea how this can be achieved. If someone can fill me in here. 185 1850 is after ICPS burn on apoapsis. This burn is not needed now.
- Inverted flight, again my interpretation of what I think will likely happen. If I'm wrong please let me know.
- Added two cubesats to shoot away!
- ICECUBE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_IceCube
- NEA_SCOUT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEA_Scout

Both have animations and only RCS thrust.

SHIFT 1: ON/OFF ;basically turns on lights at the back.
SHIFT 2: SOLAR_DEPLOY ;First stage of solar panel deployment
SHIFT 3: SOLAR_DEPLOY2;Second stage of solar panel deployment. Please wait till first animation is finished.
SHIFT 4: ANTENNAS; Antenna deployment
SHIFT 5: SEND_DATA; Turn on another light that's flickering like your router. ;)
SHIFT 6: SOLAR_SAIL; Only for NEA scout.

Let me know if everything works correctly. And have fun!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/svii9pdr55aw8o8/SLS_2016_BETA_0.2.zip?dl=0

RaCDB1K.jpg

qzhRwHX.jpg

Last edited:

Longjap

Reaction score
Hi Longjap,is the last link you just added for the complete SLS update,or,only for the cubesats?

It's a complete update. Well, for the block 1a. So you can overwrite the files. If you've made changes to the config of your previous SLS block 1a and you would like to keep them, make a back up first or give it another name.

EM1 scenario is the updated version. The other scenario's of block 1b and 2 don't work with this I think. I'll attend to them on a later stage. ;)

Interceptor

Reaction score
So does that mean that,I have to download the SLS beta on the first page,and then copy the last SLS beta link over it?

Longjap

Reaction score
So does that mean that,I have to download the SLS beta on the first page,and then copy the last SLS beta link over it?

No it's a standalone. You can install it without the previous version if prerequired add-ons are there.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey Longjap will your SLS rocket work in orbiter 2010? And if not could you please make it compatible in the future ,I would love to be able to use it with some different moon bases only avaliable for orbiter 2010 so far.Thanks

Longjap

Reaction score
Hey Longjap will your SLS rocket work in orbiter 2010? And if not could you please make it compatible in the future ,I would love to be able to use it with some different moon bases only avaliable for orbiter 2010 so far.Thanks

I think it's no problem. Multistage2015 is also updated for Orbiter2010 by Fred18. SLS_Beta is working in 2010. Only Orion MPCV I'm not sure of. Try it.:)

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok I got a dll crawler to kinda work. It should work in 2010 also. So to VERY functional I think I can remake the tower so if you want to use Fred's crawler you can or my crawler you can. The only difference is the touchdown points. With Fred's is is taller

Longjap

Reaction score
Ok I got a dll crawler to kinda work. It should work in 2010 also. So to VERY functional I think I can remake the tower so if you want to use Fred's crawler you can or my crawler you can. The only difference is the touchdown points. With Fred's is is taller

The player can decide right? Let's make the scenario's for SLS use yours, it resembles more the real thing. Thanks for your work! :cheers: Is it also possible to move the tower with the rocket attached? And maybe we can make a VAB mesh with simple interior to roll her out.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here are 2 images. One is a side view of my crawler. 1 thing I may change is the railing height seems too low.
SLSCRAWLERSIDE.jpg

This is 2010. I put the SSu crawler, mine and Ummu and the tower together.

CRAWLERSTOWER.jpg

both crawlers can go under and get the tower

Marg

Reaction score
The second image is a good example of the fact, although SSU meshes are detailed, they usually lack good general textures, and look "bland". Partly, because of how Orbiter renders objects...
For example, less detailed old shuttle MLP in Orbiter has good side textures, and looks even better than SSU's MLP.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Here are 2 images. One is a side view of my crawler. 1 thing I may change is the railing height seems too low.
SLSCRAWLERSIDE.jpg
That's not how the jacking system on the crawler works! The entire body of the crawler actually lifts up. This photo shows the crawler fully jacked up during JEL cylinder replacements back in 2002:

02pd1177.jpg

This schematic shows what's inside the crawler:
Crawler.03.jpg

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks. I am redoing it. So the whole body lifts up/down.
Yes. the white roof is actually made up of separate panels that are bolted to the various beams that runs across the top structure.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. I got the body to raise. Not sure if I will keep it that way. May just raise the attachment. The reason is the animations of those steering rods.
2CRAWLERS.jpg

So on the steering. I know the front/rear rod move to turn the trucks. But do the tubes that lift the body rotate with the trucks?

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Just to clarify. the crawler that I am working on is NOT the SSU crawler. They are different meshes,.....

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Ok. another thing is a moving attachment point. So attach a crawler to it and press a key the attachment moves along the slope of the hill.

So I have pad_proc which is a counter for where the lift point is. So at 5 the attachment tilts back for the slope then at 200 it should straighten out.

But what happens is at 5 the attachment moves but the crawler is moving still rotating.

Code:
PADLIFT::PADLIFT (OBJHANDLE hObj, int fmodel)
: VESSEL2 (hObj, fmodel)

{

LIFT_SPEED =1;
PAD_proc=0.0;
PAD_check = PAD_STOP;
PAD_pos = _V(0, -.75, 0);

DefineAnimations ();

}
Code:
	SetTouchdownPoints  (_V(0,-1,10), _V(-1.6,-1,-10), _V(1.6,-1,-10));; 
EnableTransponder (true);

SetMeshVisibilityMode (AddMesh (oapiLoadMeshGlobal ("LER8")), MESHVIS_ALWAYS ); //Main ship mesh

PAD = CreateAttachment(false, _V(0, 1, 0), _V(0, -1, 0), _V(0, 0, 1), "PAD", false);

Code:
void PADLIFT::clbkPostStep(double simt, double simdt, double mjd)
{

if (PAD_proc >= 300)PAD_proc = (300);
	else if (PAD_proc < 0)PAD_proc = (0);
	double db = simdt * 1;
	double de = simdt * .04853;
	if (PAD_check == PAD_BACK)PAD_proc = (PAD_proc - db);
	else if (PAD_check == PAD_FORWARD)PAD_proc = (PAD_proc + db);
	else if (PAD_check == PAD_STOP)PAD_proc = PAD_proc;

if (PAD_proc >=300)PAD_proc = (300);
	else if (PAD_proc < 0)PAD_proc = (0);

if (PAD_proc < 300){
	if (PAD_check == PAD_FORWARD){
	PAD_pos.z = PAD_pos.z + db;//z travel
	PAD_pos.y = PAD_pos.y + de;// y travel
}
	if (PAD_check == PAD_BACK){
		PAD_pos.z = PAD_pos.z - db;//z travel
		PAD_pos.y = PAD_pos.y - de;// y travel
	}

}

if (PAD_proc >= 300) PAD_check = PAD_STOP; // stop lift

if (PAD_proc<4)		SetAttachmentParams(PAD, PAD_pos, _V(0, -1, 0), _V(0, 0, -1));  //start
	if (PAD_proc>=5)		SetAttachmentParams(PAD, PAD_pos, _V(0, -0.998287, -.0058505), _V(0, 0, -1));//tilt back
	if (PAD_proc>200)       SetAttachmentParams(PAD, PAD_pos, _V(0, -1, 0), _V(0, 0, -1));//level

sprintf(oapiDebugString(), "animdf %2.2f  xdf %2.2fzdf %2.2f ydf %2.2f", PAD_proc, PAD_pos.x, PAD_pos.z, PAD_pos.y);

}

You can see that the proc, pad pos has stopped but the crawler keeps rotating.

padlift.jpg

---------- Post added 10-19-16 at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-18-16 at 06:38 PM ----------

Well I figured out the why but not the answer. I beleive the why is the attachment vectors.

So on the ground and at the top of the hill the crawler must be level.
Code:
 _V(0, -1, 0),  _V(0, 0, -1)

this is the attachment info for crawler;
Code:
BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
P  0.0 0.0 0      0 -1 0  0 0 -1  XMLP
END_ATTACHMENT

But the direction needs be adjust for the 5 degree hill.

Longjap

Reaction score
But the direction needs be adjust for the 5 degree hill.

Are you still using spacecraft4? What about adjusting the angle of the attachment with the robotic arm while you encounter the hill?

Edit: Ha! I guess not looking at the code. :facepalm:

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No it is a dll. That is my next step. I am going to attach a robotic arm and then see what the attachment values need to be.

On the crawler. I am not sure to continue with my version or just let the SSU guys fix theirs. I know meshes are different. To get the animations of the steering is going to be a challenge. Just need a heads up on that.

its looks like the touchdown height of the tower should be 6.7 meters. The crawlers are 6.1 meters high

Last edited: