OHM Universal Autopilots 0.3.1

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is now my favorite addon. But the Atlantis-to-ISS demo doesn't work (at the sync orbit phase).

Last edited:

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Re: ISS port 3. I have been having some trouble with the vectors for this port, too. It might be a problem with stock ISS port definitions.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi,Artlav I am confused about using the wait for timer mode in tools for UAP,I have tried to get the ship to either liftoff,or activate the landing gear, but after I choose tools wait 75, and then choose lift off,and or key press such as G it won't wait for the timer it either lifts,or presses G imediately I would like some simple examples,or instructions on how to use this especialy sending key presses to other targets, besides the ship I am in.I read the manual,and am still stumped.Help please.Thanks

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Ok,I figured it out ,but still trying to get the wait for what ever amount of time,and then press key to work.

Jumper_001

Reaction score
Is there a way this could be extended to work with multistage vessels, specifically Velcro Rockets type vessels?

I have tried creating APs on all stages and hitting 'GO' on the 2nd stage right after staging, but I get a 'Lost - going blind' error.

Perhaps a 'WAIT' button that allows the AP on the 2nd and 3rd stage to calculate solutions while the stage under it is firing, so that when it fires it is ready to go?

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Awesome! Just a few things...

When an atmospheric pilot is stopped, sometimes the controls are fixed at a wacky angle and nothing can be done to unstick it (ending in disaster...). Mostly, the vessel banks sharply to the left.

Any chance of a AOA/pitch hold pilot (like on the DGIV and XR vessels)?

Vast fury

Reaction score
Great Add on!

This is just marvellous! Now I can fly multiple ships throughout the solar system by programming the autopilot with maneuvers. So I wont keep on tracking and attending all the ships while cruising!!

Very nice Add- on!! thank you!!

:10sign:

Screamer7

Reaction score
Congratulations with a outstanding AP Artlav!!
I want to learn this AP and have some success.
Is there a scenario to launch the XR2 to mars?
I will be much appreciated it if some one can "write" a scenario for that.
I will learn much from that.

Johan

Last edited:

ccbob6

Reaction score
Sync Orbit

Every time i put sync orbit autopilot into UAP i get "Cannot find sync solution" please help. Also hats off to u Arlav UAP is great.

Last edited:

Archabacteria

Reaction score
mission-XR2 from runway to ISS does not exactly work. It takes off just fine, but as soon as it gets to mach one, the AP enters a death roll and flies with all the grace, agility and lift of a penguin carrying a brick. It calls it 'pitching', but a more accurate term would be 'uncontrolled landing'. My XR2 is immune to damage, so I eventually got to the part where it does the trans_orbit thing (what does that do, if not transfer orbit to another planet?), but it mostly just flew level with the horizon while pretending it was actually doing something.

Any idea why the demo doesn't work as intended?

emmetthi

Reaction score
hey orbekler, i've had the same problem with the xr5 spinning in. the only remedy i've found is to maintain the same heading as your takeoff (eg if you go from runway 33 then stay on the heading of 330 degrees). stops the crash butake is more difficult to align planes for a future rendezvous (uses a lot of fuel)

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
What does MAININV mean?

I'm just getting started with UAP and I can't find the difference between engine=maininv and engine=main. I'm guessing it means the the difference between the Shuttle Main Engines (with the external tank) and the Orbit Management System (with internal fuel tanks).

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'm just getting started with UAP and I can't find the difference between engine=maininv and engine=main.
The difference is that of a tail-sitter (mainv, v for vertical) and a plane configuration (main).

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Target alignment

I'm attempting to make the Mission-Atlantis.scn work. I set up a scenario with the ISS on a NW to SE orbit track right over KSC. If I specify a lift-off with a heading recommended by Launch MFD southern, I can get an orbit closely aligned with the ISS plane. If I specify a target=ISS in either lift-off or align, the azimuth turns 90 degrees. I will now try a SW to NE orbit.

Am I missing an option or limitation?

VincentMcConnell

Reaction score
Found something slightly weird. I just used this for the Space Shuttle Atlantis launch into sunrise. It rolled and everything on liftoff, but then it started to go into orbit with the External Tank pointed towards the surface. Any fix?

rcraig42

Reaction score
Known issues:
-It appears that Shuttle Fleet uses something like engine gimballing for pitch control instead of RCS, making it uncontrollable for the UAP. Won't be easy to fix.

If you set up a mode that treats the standard thruster controls as rotation rate controls instead of rotation acceleration controls it should be doable.

So a null input is actually a "Killrot" mode. Of course the time it takes to kill the rotation is dependent on the previously commanded rate and vehicle mass.

This is only true for the ascent phase, after MECO it should work normally except for the 15 degree offset for the OMS engines.

Last edited: