Question Ummu Question

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have a question about Ummu. Can you change something so you can have your men eva closer to the ship. and also distribute turbo packs closer too. and if so how do you do it. thanks

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Short answer No, Long answer Yes with a but.

Tommy

Reaction score
For ships with built-in UMMU support like the DGIV and XR series this isn't possible. It's hard-coded into the .dll. Unless you have access to the source code and compile custom modules with modified parameters you're stuck.

If you're using UMMUFA, I believe some older versions maintain a seperate config for each specific type of vessel being used, and you could maybe modify that. Otherwise, UMMUFA comes with source code, and you can modify and compile a custom version. It would be difficult, and may not work with every ship.

Are you having a problem with MMU's appearing quite a ways away from a ship?

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yes, Tommy actually to far from the hatch. I am using Dan Stephs and Computerex's converted Shuttle A.Called Shuttle AUmmuD it has a built in Ummu.The problem is that you just can't EVA by the hatch. You have to walk in to the underbelly, and it looks a bit strange, and also if you want to grab a turbo pack. It is under the ship as well. Any suggestions, would using UmmuFA help this problem. Thanks for replying and Have a Happy New year.

Tommy

Reaction score
I believe UMMUFA automatically detects docking ports, and places the EVE/ingress point just "outside" of it. The Shuttle A's docking port is located quite a bit above the ground, and difficult with UMMUFA while landed. You'd probably have to hover in front of the port to enter the ship, and use time decell to be able to switch to the UMMU quickly enough to prevent it from crashing into the ground when EVAing. I would guess ComputerRex located the EVA point where he did for that reason.

Stormlordalpha

Reaction score
Hi
The last version of UMMUfA from the orbpck works quite well with the ShuttleA. You can go in and out right in front of the docking port. This works also when you are landed.
But the UMMUed ShuttleA version gives you the possibility to create your Crew ahead of the Scenario by editing the Scenario. (Better for Storytelling :) )