Question Soyuz 7k-T by diogom - automatic descent.

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
Hello. I have a trouble with oustanding Souz by diogom.

In Souyz 7k_T Flight Guide, chapter 5.2.1 "Automatic descent" it is written:

"60 minutes before the planned burn time, repeat the procedure in 3.2.1
with the "Descent II" program (KSU M-7).".

How can i exactly calculate moment of activate program of auto-descent (SPUSK II -> M-7 on KSU) ? I want to land in proper site of course :) Is there any MFD or math formula to set the time?
I can do it manually of course with 'ugol posadky' etc. knobs on control panel (with data from manual and internet) - but i want to can do it automatic way too.

Thank you in advance.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Can't you do that by the "globe instrument" (Sorry, my mind is out of Soyuz) precise enough? Otherwise, you could use Baseland MFD.

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
OK, i found a early primitive solution - i have to init SPUSK II program when spacecraft crossing the longtitude of my planned landing site - of course on adequate "pre-landing" orbit.
Tested on orbits ~ 250km and works. Retroburn has begin on Atlantic Ocean between South America and Africa - as in reality. It is not as precise as i want to - but for now is enough for me.

diogom

Reaction score
Good to hear that worked! Yeah, to be frank I didn't get into determining the time of the burn with much precision yet. I think most I did was find that from the 350km ish and with the respective Delta-V (115.something), it's around 120(?) degrees of landing angle. I suppose it might be possible to use the orbital period to find out how many degrees 60 minutes corresponds to, add the two and use the Globus with that angle, but it gets tricky/falls apart if/when that value goes over 360.

My idea has always been using Orbiter's or addon MFDs as "mission control", so in this case using a reentry MFD's burn time as if it was the value read to the cosmonauts for each landing opportunity. The only caveat there is unlike in orbit stuff which is all the same, I'm assuming those tools can't take into account the ballistic reentry of this specific capsule, something I need to look into eventually. Ideally I'd love a custom NASSP/SSV like solution, a SoyuzMFD or so, but not sure I'll ever get there.

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
It is time to modify Delta V or point of start SPUSK program - to achieve more accuracy :)

diogom

Reaction score
Must be something got caught in the gears. Soviet equipment and all. Did you notice when it stopped?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Must be something got caught in the gears. Soviet equipment and all. Did you notice when it stopped?

Is borscht simulated? :unsure:

diogom

Reaction score
Maybe I could throw in a floating borscht tube, in homage to the Vostok clipboard.

But really, there's at least a better reference than for most of the ship's contents:
1710973649622.png

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
Orbit counter stopped after beginning of automatic descent procedurę, but i don't know exactly when.
Eh, it is a early version now.

I noticed (two times) the Soyuz lost orbital orientation (retrograde) shortly before retroburn.
Maybe it was caused by time compression, i think.

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
I went to refresh my memory of the code and the counter is tied directly to the rotation of the globe, which in turn is directly tied to the period value, did the globe stop rotating too?

For the attitude, time compression is possible, even if I didn't miss any instance where before each adjustment it forces back to 1x, it could still maybe run over some threshold if the timestep is too large and lose track. Though I've seen some weird behaviours myself with no time warp, like opposing thrusters getting stuck on, so rotation doesn't change and there goes all the propellant.

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
I have to preform more flights, to test the behavior of globe & orbit counting. And few more things - like rendezvous and docking - but it will take some time.

And i want to look closely to typical Interkosmos' orbital operations during the timeline of flight - maybe i find some "checklists" or sth.

Ah - during ignition, start, liftoff and orbit insertion sequence - there is no sound of thrusters in VC view. It is something weird, i think  in Igel's Vostok in VC thrusters are hearable...

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Ah - during ignition, start, liftoff and orbit insertion sequence - there is no sound of thrusters in VC view. It is something weird, i think  in Igel's Vostok in VC thrusters are hearable...
I could look into it some time in case there's something I need to configure, cause I would prefer that too, though Vostok might be a special case, since it's sort of an integrated class of addons. As in Vostok might not be entirely seen as a separate vessel, while I'm just attaching a payload to the rocket, so it's not the origin of the sounds. As it is, with XRSound, I can hear them until getting to vacuum, dunno if OrbiterSound handles it differently.

(just realised I forgot to disable the Vzor view until fairing separation, should be simple enough (famous last words))

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
Heh i wonder, why the vzor view is active from the beginning 😉 but It's a small detail in my opinion.
OK thanks for your feedback 👍
If you want some beta-testers - i'm in. :)

Last edited:

Przemek77

Soyuz pilot
Reaction score
I went to refresh my memory of the code and the counter is tied directly to the rotation of the globe, which in turn is directly tied to the period value, did the globe stop rotating too?
Damn, i think that orbit counter isn't working CORRECTLY. I tried to load quicksaves and scenarios, starting "launch" scenario - and conter is frozen. Before launch, on orbit mode selector on INK is on "3", orbital period and globe are set propertly - but nothing happens :(

But - after few orbits, when globe in on "3" - if i click LPM on a orbit counter knob ONLY ONE TIME (it must be very short click)- expected amount of passing orbits number is appear. Strange. It don't show graduate, up-to-date - but only after LPM click...

UPDATE:
When i press F8 and press F8 again (backing to VC) - orbit counter is updated with actual amount of orbits.

Last edited: