Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thank's Orb, Remote Tech is really nice this brings more fun to KSP, i think it should be included in stock KSP.

At least as an option. It might be a bit much to ask of a beginner that isn't used to orbital mechanics.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
sSwOtM4.jpg

rKcE5VG.jpg

Tight parking at the station, for now:
OgOFe17.jpg

iB5w24p.jpg

bed9uva.jpg

Ki5BDX6.jpg

---------- Post added 24-12-14 at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was 23-12-14 at 23:08 ----------

An additional docking module was needed to...ease congestion:
Sg5pWh0.jpg

bKmbWya.jpg

HarvesteR

Reaction score
A lot of the tracks in the game, especially in space are from Kevin. His stuff is awesome.

The other tracks are original, some by Victor (my favorite of his is the VAB jazz), and some (hopefully they don't stick out like a sore thumb) by me. :)

Cheers

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cismunar debris collector:

screenshot170.png

Strangely shaped but very effective. The intrepid three-kerbal team has been jaunting about between Mun and Kerbin picking up old pieces of the early days of the space program.

It recently collided with a space station, tearing off a solar panel and leaving the station derelict. Luckily no one was on board at the time, but the DC-2's reputation is now tarnished forever. Jokes about the crew mistaking the gigantic well-lit space station for a piece of debris (or even a discarded crate of space snacks) abound in the space centre.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Actually I'd like a larger tech tree. I had one go at 0.90 and unlocked everything without leaving Kerbin system, and I wasn't really trying to maximize research. The Base wasn't completely upgraded but I didn't want to grind contracts to gather enough funds.
I guess this game is going to rely on addons for longevity.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually I'd like a larger tech tree. I had one go at 0.90 and unlocked everything without leaving Kerbin system, and I wasn't really trying to maximize research. The Base wasn't completely upgraded but I didn't want to grind contracts to gather enough funds.
I guess this game is going to rely on addons for longevity.

I agree there. Maybe there is also some chance for modding the tech tree.

Or maybe something like this Formula One manager game once had: You have basic standard components and can use R&D for creating your own improved versions of them.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I agree there. Maybe there is also some chance for modding the tech tree.

Most of the (very few) addons I've tried utilized the tech tree. There's a list of categories for at least one more layer on the right of the tree that isn't used in the current default version.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Most of the (very few) addons I've tried utilized the tech tree. There's a list of categories for at least one more layer on the right of the tree that isn't used in the current default version.

Oh ok... I didn't mod yet, I prefer testing vanilla as long as its pre-1.0 :lol:

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
There's also a mod called the Community Tech Tree that adds tech nodes...

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

A lot of the tracks in the game, especially in space are from Kevin. His stuff is awesome.

The other tracks are original, some by Victor (my favorite of his is the VAB jazz), and some (hopefully they don't stick out like a sore thumb) by me. :)

Cheers

As far as game music goes, even if it is great, I've made a habit of muting it in the settings and listening to DI Space Dreams instead. It is an habit on Orbiter, and it goes along quite nicely with KSP! :cheers:

One of the next mods to be included in stock should be Chatterer IMHO. It does a great job to provide sound ambiance to the game.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the upgraded contracts.

The ambitious planetary exploration contracts don't specify that they have to be manned, so I find myself undertaking them with cheap unmanned missions.

Also, I get the feeling that to have a really nice Mun mission tec tree wise, I would need the revenue from a mun mission.

Meanwhile, almost all of my manned missions and most of my unmanned as well are dedicated to revenue generation. Interestingly enough, in 0.9 I'm finding the revenue generating missions to be quite tedious and boring- like it really is a job. (Taking temperature readings is the worst, but very common.)

In other words, the contracts in 0.9 are a little too true to life for me.

I think I will stick to sandbox.

Last edited:

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Also, I get the feeling that to have a really nice Mun mission tec tree wise, I would need the revenue from a mun mission.

You can also use the "Science" type game, it is like career but without the funds getting in the way.