Advanced Question Textures become transparent when I draw on them

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When I use oapiGetDC / oapiReleaseDC to draw onto a texture, the texture becomes transparent on the parts where I've drawn. For instance, when I draw an ellipse, the ellipse becomes transparent and the rest of the texture stays visible.

Possible related issue: the GL-01 / GL-02 etc. text on the mesh of the default Delta Glider is also transparent on my computer.

Maybe it is hardware-specific. I have a HP nx6110 laptop with an Intel i915 video card.

Are there people experiencing the same issue, and/or is there a solution to this problem?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Did you took into account the 32 bit nature of the textures?
Check what goes into the alpha channel.

If that doesn't work, there is likely no help without the code in question being presented.

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Possible related issue: the GL-01 / GL-02 etc. text on the mesh of the default Delta Glider is also transparent on my computer.

Maybe it is hardware-specific. I have a HP nx6110 laptop with an Intel i915 video card.

i have the same the same video card and the same problem.

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
New information:
The problem is not present in 16bPP screen depth.

In 32bPP mode, Orulex is invisible.
In 16bPP mode, Orulex works, my code works, and the label on the DG is no longer transparent.
This is true both for fullscreen and windowed mode.

Now I can draw an ellipse, but I have trouble drawing bitmap data. But that is probably because I'm doing something wrong: I'm not an experienced GDI programmer.