Sure,why not?

kwan3217

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll describe my projects here.

I like programming. Bird's gotta swim, fish gotta fly, I gotta program. Plus, half the addons on OrbitHangar require spacecraft.dll or multistage.dll, which aren't even on OrbitHangar. Nope, I'll make addons like :probe: intended it.

Since Tuesday, I have had the motivation to redo all my addons for Orbiter 2010, but furthermore to do them right, to apply what I have learned, and not just recompile them. I'm starting with the PegasusXL.

First, I am going to rewrite it from scratch, using the VesselMass class to manage the vessel mass. I also am going to write a SolidRocket class to manage the engines. Furthermore, I am going to extend the VesselMass class to make it easy to drop stages.

VesselMass is the way to go, and I feel like it is the germ of a great new concept in doing ships. If it is done right, it will be like Multistage or Spacecraft.dll except that its configuration will be done in C++ code instead of INI files. Set up the stages, set up the engines, set up the steering, maybe add a sequencing engine like that in KwanSound.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Nice idea... I still need to get deeper into the API, didn't actually have the time yet to install 2010...will be a short weekend.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sweet !! And if you're interested in another project. The docking and range radar in the Shuttle would be truly awesome.