STS Payloads help

nbh

Reaction score
I need a little help with the STS Payloads addon. I have read the readme and installed it correctly, but I can only get the VC view when I press F8. In the readme it says theres a view to the mid deck by pressing M and nothing shows up when I press M.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Are you entirely sure? I was never aware of this.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I read the read me and like you said, it said to press M. I really don't know why it is working for you. Try pressing the keys that they told you in the file to change views in the mid-deck. See if that works.

nbh

Reaction score
I tired that and I think that the shuttle Fleet 4.0.0 version doesnt work for STS Payload.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
You can only view the mid-deck when control has been switched to STS-VC. This happens when you go to OPS 201 in the Pylon MFD and the view switched to the aft workstations, in orbit. In fact, most of the buttons in the payloads manual only apply to when you are in STS-VC.

And as far as I can tell Payloads works with shuttle fleet 4.0. At least it works for me.

zerofay32

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
1.)It says STS payloads requires Shuttle fleet, does it require the expansion pack?

2.)It also requires LC-39 EAFB addon which I have a question about too, I tried moving the Bases from CONFIG/EARTH/STS to CONFIG/EARTH/BASE and every time I start up orbiter it wont work, there is nothing in the orbiter log that suggests why.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
"1.)It says STS payloads requires Shuttle fleet, does it require the expansion pack?"

Yes, you need the STS Expansion Pack v4.0.1.

"I tried moving the Bases from CONFIG/EARTH/STS to CONFIG/EARTH/BASE and every time I start up orbiter it wont work, there is nothing in the orbiter log that suggests why."

I don't know why you want to do this, but it doesn't work because Payloads looks for this in the CONFIG/EARTH/STS folder.

"and where would I find the KSC night texture?"

Sorry, I don't know of one. It's not needed to run Payloads.

Hope this helps,

zerofay32